Clients across the world rely on our lawyers' expertise in over 50 areas of business law to help them find imaginative solutions to their pivotal business problems. Example capabilities include: AG was named Dispute Resolution Firm of the Year 2019 (Legal 500 Awards); Real Estate Team of the Year 2019 (The Lawyer Awards); UK Private Equity Law Firm of the Year 2019 (Real Deals Private Equity Awards); European Oil & Gas Midstream Deal of the Year 2019 (JGlobal Awards).
Explore our core practice areas:
Did you know?
- We act for all of the UK's main clearing banks.
- We acted on 20% of all UK public takeovers in 2018.
- Over 500 litigation and dispute projects for FTSE 100 clients in the last 2 years.
- 1st in terms of number of FTSE 100 companies represented for real estate work.
- Acting as lead counsel on the world's largest strategic alliance in automotive.
- We've represented major clients in arbitrations seated in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Global Markets, Beijing, Bucharest, California, Doha, Dubai, Dubai International Financial Centre, Edinburgh, Geneva, Hong Kong, London, Milan, Muscat, New York, Paris, Qingdao, Shanghai, Singapore, Stockholm, Thailand, Vienna and Vietnam.
- 97% success rate in defending claims at employment tribunal hearings.
- We act for the funders to every one of the UK's top 300 housing associations, helping them raise over £75bn of debt from institutions and the debt capital markets. We have been ranked by independent directories as the number 1 funders advisor nationally - ahead of all other major firms - for each of the past 12 years.
- Currently acting for 9 of the UK’s top 10 Real Estate Asset Managers.
- 23 IPOs delivered in Hong Kong.
- Helped clients to open >50,000 rooms in 'the pillow economy' in the last 18 months, such as student accommodation and 'Build To Rent' homes and apartments.
- Advised on the largest and most innovative rail franchising contract let in Europe, a multi-billion pound, 12-year deal.
- We act for 8 of the UK’s top 10 mortgage providers. Repeat advisers to 8 of the top 10 UK mid-cap Private Equity investors.
- Advised on the rollout of all mobile payment systems in the UK (Apple, Samsung, Android & Microsoft).
- Private Equity Advisor of the Year 3 times in 4 years (Real Deals).
- A track record of firsts in energy, including acting on: the largest smart metering deal in Europe; the two largest solar and wind developments in England; the only new gas transmission network in Western Europe in the last 5 years; the largest energy-from-waste project in Europe for funders; the first bio-methane and bio-mass projects in the UK; a petrochemical giant's first global entry back into the renewables market; and advising UK energy regulator, Ofgem, on its policy for the UK's first offshore transmission rounds.