Clients across the world rely on our lawyers' expertise in over 50 areas of business law to help them find the smartest route to the biggest business impact. You'll see a list of the firm's legal specialisms below. A few examples of recent industry recognition include: Technology, Media and Telecommunications Team of the Year 2020 (The British Legal Awards); Real Estate Team of the Year 2020 (Legal Business Awards); Dispute Resolution Firm of the Year 2019 (Legal 500 Awards); UK Private Equity Law Firm of the Year 2019 (Real Deals Private Equity Awards); European Oil & Gas Midstream Deal of the Year 2019 (JGlobal Awards).
Explore our core practice areas:
Did you know?
- We act for all of the UK's main clearing banks.
- Over 500 litigation and dispute projects for FTSE 100 clients in the last 2 years.
- 1st in terms of number of FTSE 100 companies represented for real estate work.
- Acted as lead counsel on the world's largest strategic alliance in automotive.
- We've represented major clients in arbitrations seated in Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Global Markets, Beijing, Bucharest, California, Dakar, Doha, Dubai, Dubai International Financial Centre, Edinburgh, Geneva, Hong Kong, London, Maputo, Milan, Muscat, New York, Paris, Qingdao, Shanghai, Singapore, Stockholm, Thailand, Vienna and Vietnam.
- 97% success rate in defending claims at employment tribunal hearings.
- We act for the funders to almost all of the UK’s top 300 housing associations, helping them raise over £80bn of debt from lenders and the debt capital markets. We have been ranked by independent directories as the number 1 funders advisor nationally – ahead of all other major firms – for each of the past 14 years.
- Currently acting for 9 of the UK’s top 10 Real Estate Asset Managers.
- 30 IPOs delivered in Hong Kong.
- Helped clients to open 100,000 rooms in 'the pillow economy' in the last 18 months, such as student accommodation and 'Build To Rent' homes and apartments.
- Advised on the largest and most innovative rail franchising contract let in Europe, a multi-billion pound, 12-year deal.
- We act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 mortgage providers.
- Repeat advisers to 9 of the top 10 UK mid-cap Private Equity investors.
- Advised on the rollout of all mobile payment systems in the UK (Apple, Samsung, Android & Microsoft).
- We are at the forefront of supporting innovation in Energy, with a track record of firsts including acting on: the UK's first major hydrogen project and first DPC water procurement (United Utilities' £1bn HARP project); Senegal's first offshore oil and gas field development; and the first major scale funding for renewable energy projects across Africa.