We have dedicated practices based across the UK, the Middle East and Asia, providing a first-rate service across the full range of transactions.
Whether it's advice on domestic or cross-border takeovers of public companies, the sale or purchase of a business which involves a listed company, floating companies on the public markets or raising new equity finance for them, our corporate finance practice can help.
Our lawyers are highly regarded and we have many years' experience advising a wide range of clients in the UK and overseas including financial advisory firms, corporate brokers, Main Market listed businesses (including companies in the FTSE 100) and AIM companies.
In addition to our work for the UK Takeover Panel, lawyers on our team have also been seconded to the UK takeovers regulator, giving our clients the benefit of cutting-edge experience on UK takeovers and mergers, unrivalled by many other law firms.
Our expertise includes:
- Initial public offerings (IPOs)/flotations, including on London's Main Market and AIM
- Secondary issues and block trades, including on London's Main Market and AIM
- Public takeovers
- Share buy-backs
- Tender offers
For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch. You can also find more about our clients and experience below.
- Clients and expertise
Our recent experience includes advising on:
- A £26 million IPO of Ramsdens Holdings plc on AIM
- GVC Holdings plc's step up from AIM to the Standard segment and, subsequently, to the Premium segment of the Main Market
- A £93 million IPO of Accrol Group Holdings plc on AIM
- A £15.5 million takeover by Ellsworthy Limited of Panmure Gordon & Co. plc
- A £80 million IPO of Van Elle Holdings plc on AIM, advising the nomad and joint bookrunners
- A £76 million takeover of Creston plc by a company owned and controlled by DBAY funds
- A £255 million IPO of Watkin Jones plc on AIM, advising the nomad and joint bookrunners
- A c. £38 million placing on the Main Market for Rathbone Brothers Plc
- A £1.1 billion takeover by GVC Holdings plc of bwin.party digital entertainment plc
- A £16 million IPO of Dorcaster plc on AIM and subsequent AIM reverse takeover of Escape Hunt, advising the nomad and joint bookrunners
- A £560 million IPO of boohoo.com on AIM, advising the nomad and bookrunner
- A £176 million takeover by Oxford Instruments of Andor Technology plc
- A £309 million firm, placing an open offer for subscription on the Main Market for Assura plc
- A £225 million acquisition of IDIS and associated £135 million vendor placing on AIM for Clinigen Group plc
- The Takeover Panel Hearings Committee appeals, in respect of Bumi plc, Ladbrokes plc, Xchanging plc and Hubco Investments plc
- A £114 million takeover by Regent Pacific Group Limited of Plethora Solutions Holdings plc
"You're made to feel like you're the only client. Because they know us well, they know our expectations in terms of advice and know our risk appetite; they can offer more tailored advice."
Chambers UK (2016)
"The team advises a large number of AIM-listed companies and NOMADs on complex transactions and is known for its capabilities in acting on transactions involving clients in the technology, financial services and gaming sectors. Client feedback states they are excellent and focused on finding solutions."
Chambers UK (2015)
"The team is attentive, focused and commercial."