Addleshaw Goddard has a first-class specialist regulated lending and banking practice with a highly rated industry reputation.
Our clients span a variety of market sectors and our work covers the full range of products, from consumer credit and mortgages to current accounts, savings and retail investments. We also have a growing payments practice covering pre-paid products and payment technologies, merchant acquiring and other payment services.
AG has a team of lawyers from regulatory and industry backgrounds who specialise in consumer finance. This combination of team experience means we give guidance which is realistic and strategically aligned to our clients' business needs.
We strive to make complex legislation understandable and provide workable solutions to all our clients. Understanding the market, the business drivers and the regulator means that we deliver compliance creatively and practically.
Our clients include leading banks, building societies, credit card providers, debt collectors, debt purchasers, debt management companies, brokers, payday loan providers, home credit lenders and point of sale finance providers. We also advise smaller niche lenders of financial services providers, such as specialist private banks.
We provide regular publications to our clients that allow them to stay up-to-date on developments in the consumer finance industry. AG is a member of, and active participant in, trade associations, and we also organise regular meetings of the Consumer Credit Forum which brings together specialists from industry and private practice.
Our experience has seen us:
- Draft documentation for new products, including terms and conditions, regulated consumer credit agreements, KFIs and offer documents
- Assist in the formulation of new marketing strategies and materials
- Provide sign-off on marketing materials, including direct mail, TV advertising, websites and internet promotions. We can handle single items or regular larger volumes of material using a more automated process
- Help clients assess the impact of new or proposed legislation and informing their implementation or lobbying strategies
- Conduct compliance audits of businesses or product documentation
- Provide guidance to interpret legal requirements, such as the approach to early settlement and APR legislation
- Assisting with licensing applications or with enforcement action taken by the Office of Fair Trading under licensing powers or other consumer protection legislation