Good corporate governance underpins a company's long-term sustainable performance and is critical to value creation and growth.
Our Governance & Compliance team is dedicated to addressing the governance needs of general counsel and company secretariats.
The team offers a broad range of governance and regulatory compliance advice and services across all relevant practice areas encompassing members of our Corporate, Employee Incentives, Pensions, Corporate Crime, Financial Regulation, Employment, Environmental and Health and Safety teams. The team also includes experienced chartered secretary consultants.
We offer an "ad hoc" governance query drop-in service, provide training and host regular Governance & Compliance forums. We also publish a market-leading Annual Reporting Checklist for companies with securities admitted to the main market – to purchase your copy click here.
Examples of our work and how we have supported clients include:
- Secondments & support – interim appointments and remote support including acting as group company secretary for a FTSE 250 telecoms company and leading the governance team at a FTSE 10 company.
- Continuing obligations – advising on statutory and regulatory continuing obligations, including disclosures and market announcements. Recently, we have supported a significant number of clients in their response to the implementation of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.
- Directors and board training – advising in relation to directors' duties, letters of appointment and director indemnification and providing bespoke induction and update training to individual directors, boards, general counsel, company secretaries and secretariats.
- Annual Reporting – advising on the compliance and best practice aspects of annual reports and other periodic financial reporting requirements.
- Reviews – advising on company constitutions, governance procedures, codes and policies and the adequacy of governance systems and controls. We produce practical materials designed to bring compliance to life in your organisation, including share dealing calendars and annual regulatory compliance planners.
- AGMs – advising on law, conduct, procedure and practice in relation to public company meetings.
An introduction to AG's Governance & Compliance Portal
If you'd like to find out more about how we can help you, please don't hesitate to contact us directly.