In a changing sector, you need specialists you can rely on
At Addleshaw Goddard, we believe in partnerships. At each step of our relationship, our team of specialist healthcare and life sciences lawyers will help you to respond to change, reduce risk, anticipate future developments and be ready to maximise opportunities as they arise.
The healthcare and life sciences industry is an innovative one, currently experiencing challenges due to funding, increasing demand on services and in a heavily regulated environment. There is also, of course, the impact of Brexit on the horizon. However, opportunities are plentiful as the market changes, including digital healthcare technologies having positive and disruptive effects, the increasing interaction between the public and private sectors and the growth of the retirement villages market.
How you respond to those challenges and opportunities is crucial in maintaining quality and, of course, a commercial advantage.
To help our clients succeed, we work closely with the sector's key players, study the markets, hold workshops and put our transactional skills and vast experience in other areas of law to good use.
- Advising the bidding consortium of FTs, the Local Authority and GP Federation on the LCO provider for the £6bn devolved health and social services contract in Manchester
- Acting for Serco on its high profile £600m soft-FM outsourcing contract with Barts Hospital NHS Trust
- Advising Bank Leumi in a £15m hunting-line facility granted to Gracewell, a provider of luxury care homes
- Acting for Care Concern Group across a range of matters, including sale and leasebacks, new build transactions and extensions, business acquisitions together with a number of refinancing transactions
- Assisting University Hospital of South Manchester, one of the partners in the MediPark project, in relation to the biocampus regeneration scheme.
- Acting for Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen Hospital on a joint venture arrangement with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine for a life sciences project financed by Chrysallis Evergreen JESSICA Fund
- Advising Kajima Partnerships Limited and Sir Robert McAlpine Capital Ventures as preferred bidder and master developer for South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust's Estate Modernisation Project.
- Working with some of the leading infrastructure funds on all aspects of portfolio management in the healthcare sector, including variations to and reconfigurations of estate, refinancings, FM contracts and FM replacements
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company on the defence of a long-running product liability group action in relation to an anti-depressant product
- Advising private sector bidders and public sector authorities on an increasing number of procurement challenges between the NHS and the private sector and on intra NHS disputes
Our cross-disciplinary healthcare team has amassed in-depth knowledge and hands-on expertise across virtually every area of healthcare and is recognised as an industry leader. We have dedicated teams for each of the following areas:
We have a strong track record acting for clients on healthcare matters across the primary, acute and mental health sectors. Much of our work involves assisting with the successful delivery of strategically important local, regional and national pr...
We have expertise in and experience of advising across a broad range of areas including M&A transactions, restructuring, banking, real estate finance, portfolio acquisitions and disposals, investigations by regulatory bodies, disputes, technology,...
We work with a broad range of clients in the private sector, such as primary and secondary care providers, pharmacies, medical staffing agencies, insurers, investors and developers.
We advise clients from across the spectrum, from start-ups/spin-outs through to major multi-nationals, on a broad range of issues, ranging from raising finance through to disposal, and product liability to major international disputes.