Lauren is a Legal Director in Addleshaw Goddard's Disputes Practice based in London.
Lauren has extensive experience advising clients on a wide range of contentious matters, specialising in high value and complex general commercial litigation / appeals and international arbitration. Her cases often involving multiple jurisdictions and laws.
Lauren is experienced advising clients involved in arbitrations conducted under various ad hoc and institutional rules (including UNCITRAL, LCIA, ICC and ICSID) and seated in various jurisdictions.
Lauren has also acted for clients in specialist proceedings, including claims before the First and Upper tier Tax Tribunals and judicial review applications, as well as advising on regulatory issues and investigations.
Lauren has a particular sector focus in energy but is experienced in advising clients in multiple sectors including manufacturing, retail, transportation, insurance and financial / banking. Her experience in the financial sector also includes a six-month secondment to the EMEA Litigation and Regulatory team of a leading investment bank.
After graduating in law from the University of Oxford, Lauren joined Slaughter and May in 2006 where she trained and practised in the Dispute Resolution team of Slaughter and May for over 11 years before joining Addleshaw Goddard in March 2018.
Lauren's litigation experience includes:
- Advising a UK insurance company in its claim for unlawful termination and related breaches of an IT services contract against a software company in the English Commercial Court.
- Advising a GCC based Bank in its claim for breach of warranty against a major oil company in the Commercial Court and Court of Appeal. This claim was one of the first to be heard as part of the Shorter Trials Scheme.
- Advising Sellers (including a private equity firm and individual shareholders) defending a claim for breach of warranty in the English Commercial Court in connection with the sale of a vehicle telematics company.
- Advising a UK corporate in its claim for professional negligence against its auditors and tax advisors in the English High Court.
- Advising a UK corporate in its judicial review application and related tax appeal against Her Majesty Revenue & Customs before both the Tribunal and Court of Appeal.
Lauren's arbitration experience includes:
- Advising a UK listed technology company in its arbitral claim in the International Chamber of Commerce in connection with the unlawful termination and related breaches of an contract for the design, installation, testing and commissioning of IT systems, networks and security systems.
- Acting for a large European energy company defending a multi-billion USD arbitral claim in the London Court of International Arbitration concerning the granting of licensing arrangements and subsequent exploitation of oil and gas assets in the Middle East.
- Acted for a leading European energy company defending a US£700m arbitral claim in the London Court of International Arbitration brought by its prospective partner in a joint bid for a Russian state owned power company.
- Professional memberships
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Young ICSID
- London Irish Lawyers Association
- Year qualified
- Solicitor-Advocate of the Higher Courts of England and Wales (Civil Division) (2016)
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales (2008)
- University College, Oxford – BA in Jurisprudence (2005)
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice – Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Distinction) (2006)