Matt is an Associate in the Global Investigations team.
Matt specialises in advising corporates and individuals in criminal and contentious regulatory matters, particularly in relation to alleged bribery, corruption, money laundering, market abuse, and fraud. As well as internal investigations, Matt has experience in assisting clients with investigations and prosecutions by UK authorities including the Serious Fraud Office, Financial Conduct Authority, Payment Systems Regulator, Insolvency Service, HMRC, and the Crown Prosecution Service. He also provides compliance advice regarding anti-bribery and anti-money laundering.
Matt formerly worked in the Enforcement division at the Financial Conduct Authority.
Representative experience includes:
- Advising Güralp Systems Limited ("GSL") in relation to a cross-border criminal investigation carried out by the Serious Fraud Office, including assisting in the negotiation of a Deferred Prosecution Agreement on behalf of GSL, and in relation to the criminal trial of three individuals emerging from the investigation.
- Acting for a former CEO of a former FTSE 250 company in connection with investigations by the Insolvency Service and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 company in relation to a HMRC investigation, involving foreign jurisdictions and alleged money laundering.
- Advising a corporate in connection with an investigation into alleged market abuse.
- Advising an individual in relation to a fraud allegedly committed against his former employer.
- Advising a property group on its anti-bribery, anti-financial crime and general compliance policies.
- Year Qualified
- BPP University – Legal Practice Course (2016)
- Kaplan Law School – Graduate Diploma in Law (2014)
- University of Cambridge (Robinson College) – BA (Hons) History (2012)