Karishma is an associate in the London Global Investigations team. Karishma has experience advising clients under investigation by the Serious Fraud Office, London Metal Exchange, HMRC and Competition and Markets Authority in relation to bribery and associated money laundering, market abuse, and abuses of competition law.
Karishma has been recognised as a key lawyer by Legal 500 in Corporate Crime and Regulatory Investigations in 2023 for her work at her previous firm.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Karishma worked in the Litigation & Arbitration team of an international law firm, advising both corporate and individual clients on a range of litigious matters involving civil fraud and conspiracy, fraudulent misrepresentation, shareholder and breach of warranty disputes, applications for interlocutory relief, and unfair prejudice claims. During that time, Karishma also assisted clients with both internal and law enforcement driven bribery and corruption investigations.
Before qualifying as a solicitor, Karishma worked in a major US headquartered investment bank, assessing money laundering risks and developing a working knowledge of UK money laundering regulations.
- Advising a multi-national company in relation to an SFO bribery and corruption and associated money laundering investigation. *
- Advising two Chinese institutions in relation to a complex and long running shareholder fraud dispute regarding a well-known multiplayer online role-playing platform. *
- Advising defendants in Suppipat & Ors v Narondej Ors  EWHC 1988 (Com), a case recognised by The Lawyer as a Top 10 case in 2022 which involved claims of fraudulent conspiracy. *
- Advising an employee in relation to an SFO bribery and corruption investigation, including witness evidence and cooperation with the SFO. *
- Advising an oil and gas company on an internal investigation into suspected bribery and corruption. *
- Advising a non-profit crypto organisation with filing criminal complaints to the police in multiple jurisdictions. *
- Conducting a compliance review for a UK electronics provider.
* Experience prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard.
- BPP University – Legal Practice Course (2016-2017)
- Warwick University – LLB (2011-2014)
- Professional Memberships
- Karishma is a member of the following:
- Female Fraud Forum
- Young Fraud Lawyers Association
- Women in Criminal Law