As a former in-house lawyer, Rémy finds pragmatic solutions to complex negotiations and cross-border projects, focusing always on the business result.
His core areas of expertise include mergers & acquisitions, private equity acquisitions and disposals as well as build-up and carve-out operations, and strategic commercial contracts. He has accumulated over 30 years of experience, both in-house and in private practice, in energy and renewables, defence, aerospace and technology, paper and packaging, as well as the cosmetics, food and retail industries.
Rémy also enjoys partnering with in-house teams to identify new ways of service delivery and has successfully led several innovation projects (contract automation, rationalisation of purchasing and logistics, streamlining of business processes) that help demonstrate the legal departments’ contribution to the company’s strategic goals.
A bilingual English speaker and bicultural by background, Rémy has lived and worked extensively in the UK, Germany, Russia and the Middle East. He is able to straddle cultural differences and bridge the gaps between multinationals, medium-sized groups, management teams and individual entrepreneurs.
- Advising a UK renewable energy group on the acquisition of a French group specialising in the supply of green electricity to individuals and local authorities.
- Advising a software company specialising in the production of commercial documents (tender responses, contracts and reports) with operations in Norway, the United Kingdom and the United States, in connection with a French leader’s acquisition in proposal management, based in the regions and in the Paris area
- Advising an African energy group in connection with the acquisition of an oil drilling business.
- Advising a major French group, leader in the defence and aeronautics sectors, on the acquisition of a group specialising in 'MEMS' (micro electrical mechanical systems) devices present in Scandinavia, continental Europe and the United States.
- Advising a Swiss integrated retail group in the implementation of long-term supply chain supply agreements (contract manufacturing agreements) for the formulation, production and packaging of food and cosmetic products.
- Advising an international paper and packaging group on several acquisitions and divestitures in France and Western Europe, including divestitures forced by competition authorities as a remedy.
- Long-term support to the French teams of a US-based global group, a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for healthcare products.
- Advising a global oil and gas services group on the sale of a business unit in France.
- Implementation and multi-year monitoring, on behalf of a major European group, of an automatic generation process for specialised legal documents.
- Admitted as avocat (Paris bar qualification), 2005
- Master of business, ESSEC Business School, 1993
- BA (Hons.) in English law, University of Kent at Canterbury, 1991
- Master of business law, University of Paris XI, 1990
"Recruiting lawyers: what are the keys to success?" interview of Rémy Blain and Roland Dana (Dana Human Capital) published in La LJA (8 February 2022) - view here >
What are the main opportunities in the aircraft industry? Rémy Blain decrypted the market and its upcoming opportunities following the pandemic of COVID-19. Watch Rémy's interview >
Le Monde du Droit, 30/03/2021 ITW - view here >
- French - native
- English - bilingual
- The M&A Team has been ranked by Décideurs Leaders League as "Highly recommended" for transactions up to €75 million (edition 2021)
- Rémy Blain has been ranked by Best Lawyers (edition 2022) in the following category: "The Best Lawyers in France" for private equity law.
- M&A Team ranked "FIRM TO WATCH" in the Legal 500 EMEA guide 2023