Addleshaw Goddard advises software company Xait AS on the acquisition of Jack In the Box.
Headquartered in Stavanger, Norway, Xait AS is a specialty software company which provides its customers with collaborative solutions for editing business-critical documents – bids, proposals, financial reports.
Established in France (Saint-Herblain), Jack In The Box is considered to be the proposal management expert in France. Proposal management involves developing tools for companies to fine-tune their commercial proposals, technical briefs and responses to calls for tenders.
Through this operation, Xait AS becomes a 100% shareholder of Jack In The Box – an acquisition that is in line with the company's international diversification in several industrial and geographical sectors.
The current managers of Jack in the Box, Eric Legrand (President) and Fabrice Peim (Managing Director) become shareholders of Xait and will be continuing their functions on the management board of Jack in the Box.
The Addleshaw Goddard team included:
- Rémy Blain, partner, Baudouin Gueyffier, managing associate, Jmaïaa Lachheb, associate, Marie Lambeau and Aissatou Cissé, in-house counsels in the Corporate M&A team;
- Sarah Delon-Bouquet, counsel and Emmanuelle Lecornu-Mercier, associate in the Employment Law team;
- Blandine Bourelle, managing associate in the Real Estate team;
- Cécile Terret, partner and Ariane Dulcire, associate in the Litigation team.
The team worked closely with the Norwegian law firm CLP in the reinvestment of the selling managers and the financing of the transaction.
Fidal (Nantes) advised Jack In The Box. Its team included:
- Geoffrey Burrows and Sébastien Laisney, partners, Timothée Favreau, senior associate, Clémence Dubreuil, associate.