Jack has a creative, practical and common-sense approach. He helps clients navigate complex issues to find realistic solutions which deliver on commercial aims. Recent representative matters include:
- Microsoft – negotiation of a payments platform MSA for online stores.
- Allied Irish Bank – negotiation of a software-as-a-service MSA for strong customer authentication software. Advice navigated various regulatory issues and considered the impact of data flow and the service delivery model.
- PLC client – advising a PLC client on the divestment of part of their business which relies on a proprietary IT platform. A complex two-way transitional services arrangement was put in place to allow both parties to carry on business after the sale. This involved assignment of key IPR and licensing of source and object code as well as software-as-a-service provision.
- FTSE 100 global bank – negotiation of a software-as-a-service agreement for financial planning solutions for use by advisors and consumers.
- West Midlands Combined Authority – procurement of various packages of work for the redevelopment of multiple stations in the West Midlands via the competitive procedure with negotiation.
- Advising on the procurement of packages of works and services for the Northern Powerhouse Rail project.
- Regularly and successfully advising clients on both defending and challenging procurement processes.
- Professional memberships
- Society for Computers and Law
- Procurement Lawyers Association