Jack advises clients in both the private and public sectors on a range of issues including general commercial, outsourcing and IT contracts. He also has extensive experience in regulatory specialisms covering public procurement, competition (EU and UK) and data protection.
Jack draws from previous experience working in the IT industry and a number of secondments (which include a major luxury retailer and an international bank) to provide pragmatic and commercial legal advice for clients, with a focus on providing solutions.
Jack's recent experience includes:
- Drafting standard terms and conditions for the supply of goods and services.
- Negotiating an agreement for the provision of authentication software for app-based open banking.
- Advising on the implementation of customer-facing payment services both in-store and online.
- Guiding clients on the impact of GDPR – drafting a series of contract variations, privacy policies and data sharing agreement precedents as well as advising on strategy for GDPR compliance for a number of clients in the construction and social housing sectors.
- Running various public procurement processes (open, restricted and the competitive procedures) under the PCR 2015 and CCR 2016 for goods, works and services covering simple contracts, long-term services, re-development and regeneration and IT consultancy and acting for both bidders and local and central government, NHS bodies and other public bodies.
- Acting for a client in the EU Commission's Trucks cartel investigation, assisting on disclosure and strategic advice.
- Professional memberships
- Society for Computers and Law
- Procurement Lawyers Association
- Year qualified (2015)
- BBP (Holborn), LPC (2013)
- University of Nottingham, International Commercial Law (LL.M) (2010)
- University of Nottingham, Law (LL.B) (2009)