We have created a high performance culture that is inclusive, supportive and where we expect the best of each other.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion has been consistently recognised over the years and in the 2017/18 sector awards season, the AG Diversity Programme has achieved the following external recognition:
- Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2018
- UK Diversity Legal Awards 2017. AG won the 'Managing Diverse Talent' award and gained recognition for its innovative Returner Programme.
- HR in Law Awards 2018. AG won the awards for 'Excellence in Diversity& Inclusion' and the 'Grand Prix' top award for our D&I Programme
The overall objectives of AG's diversity programme, supported by our diversity policy, are:
- To continue to improve our diverse mix by attracting high calibre people from a range of backgrounds, bearing in mind that talent is not limited to one type of person or group of people
- To nurture a culture that centres on equality, inclusion and mutual respect, so that individuals stay with us, perform to their best and progress into senior positions
- To be a firm known for its flexibility, inclusivity and innovation when it comes to diversity and inclusion in the legal marketplace
AG's diversity programme is supported by a dedicated HR team and a wide group of Partners, fee earners and business services staff from across the firm. Diversity is represented at the most senior level of our business by our Board sponsor.
Much of our work focuses around the areas of gender, social mobility and ethnicity. However, we also provide comprehensive package of support for parents, have a flourishing a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) network, and run an ongoing campaign to raise awareness of mental health and wellbeing issues.
Agile working is also a key focus – this is something which benefits all of us, not only those with caring responsibilities.
Ultimately, we want to enable all our people to succeed, regardless of their gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age, disability, religious practice or any other perceived difference.
For more information on our diversity work, visit:
Alternatively, please don't hesitate to email us and get in touch.
In support of our diversity programme, we are active members of:
- Working Families
- Business in the Community – Gender Campaign
- Business in the Community – Race Campaign
We are also a founding signatory to:
- The Law Society's Diversity and Inclusion Charter
- PRIME, an alliance of law firms that has undertaken to broaden access to the profession