Helena specialises in commercial, data and IP/IT law and has in depth experience representing clients in the financial services, sports, technology, life sciences, food and drink and public and third sectors.
Helena advises on a range of non-contentious IP, IT and commercial matters, including IP audits, collaboration and licensing deals, research agreements, complex purchasing agreements, IT and software development, procurement and outsourcing, marketing and sponsorship, e-commerce, consumer law, and gaming. Clients Helena has worked with include Clydesdale Bank, Mercy Corps Europe and a number of high profile football clubs.
As an accredited Practitioner in Data Protection, Helena has extensive experience providing support on information matters including GDPR compliance audits, marketing and consent reviews, international data transfers, service offshoring, subject access, and information complaint and investigations. Helena has led on a number of complex and high profile information matters for a range of clients across the public and private sectors, including providing guidance on data strategy and policy.
Helena has a keen interest in technology and life sciences and is a member of the Law Society of Scotland's technology committee, Scottish Financial Enterprise and the Scottish Society for Computers and Law – she is regularly invited to speak and deliver training on data protection, IT and commercial law.
Helena's recent experience includes:
- Advising on the circa £40 million acquisition of a portfolio of technology companies, including due diligence on IP and licence rights and transfer of IP;
- Advising on disposal of a major arts brand and associated data rights;
- Advising a leading food and drink manufacturer on university research collaborations;
- Advising a major platform provider on GDPR compliance.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- PDP Accredited Data Protection Specialist
- Society for Computers and Law
- Scottish Financial Enterprise
- LLB Law, University of Glasgow
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Glasgow
- Year qualified: 2000
"Helena is praised by her clients and peers for her excellent specialist knowledge, her skills in delivering training and her pragmatic, effective, and responsive approach, and is recognised as : "incredibly knowledgeable and responsive"