Jaya is a corporate partner at Addleshaw Goddard LLP. She has over 28 years' experience providing support to clients on a wide range of complex cross-border and UK corporate M&A transactions, as well as on strategic corporate governance and compliance matters. Jaya leads AG's Corporate Governance team and is ranked as a leading individual (Legal 500).
Jaya has deep experience of managing client relationships and recently co-led the AG deal team which was awarded In-House/Law Firm Collaboration of the Year Award 2023 in respect of their work on a high-profile joint venture acting for 10 joint clients.
For some years, India has been a key market focus for Jaya and she Co-Chairs AG's India Business Group. She is also recognised as one of the top India focused lawyers at an international law firm (India Business Law Journal 2023) and her roster of clients includes Indian headquartered conglomerates and banks, as well as international clients connected to or considering opportunities in India. She has strong relationships with leading Indian law firms and investment bank teams covering the market.
Her deal experience includes advising*:
- 10 major financial institutions as joint clients on the creation and launch of a joint venture to allow their customers to access certain basic banking services through shared banking hubs. Awarded In-House / Law Firm Collaboration of the Year by Legal Business (2023) and highly commended by the FT in the Innovative Lawyers in Impact and ESG category (2023).
- European Energy on the sale of Bubney solar farm to Elm Trading Group
- on aspects of Adani Green Energy Limited's acquisition from Softbank Group Capital Limited and Bharti Global Limited of their interest in the renewable energy business in India held by SB Energy Holdings Limited and its group companies
- an international tech company on its India business operations
- on the proposed Rs 7,000 crore investment by PSP Corporation as a member of a consortium comprising ADIA and NIIF into the GVK Group to acquire an interest in Mumbai Airport
- on the Indian restructuring of a stressed group
- on the demerger of an international company's Indian services businesses
- on the India aspects of the sale by WPP of 60% of Kantar, its global data, research, consulting and analytics business to Bain Capital Private Equity
- on a divestment of non-core assets located in Africa and Asia by a major Indian corporate in the oil and gas sector
- on a restructuring of a joint venture relating to oil and gas products and involving Indian investors
- Lekki Port Investment Holding Inc. on the equity investment by China Harbour Engineering Company relating to the development of Lekki Port – Nigeria's first deep sea port
- on an acquisition of a minority stake by a consortium of funds in a ports owner and operator
- on the recommended GBP1.45 billion cash offer by a consortium jointly-led by funds managed by Dalmore Capital Limited and by Equitix Investment Management Limited
- on the GBP2.3bn privatisation of the Green Investment Bank
- on the GBP1.38bn acquisition of the London Metal Exchange by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing
- a major international retailer on its proposed acquisition of an investment in a JV company operating French assets
*includes experience gained at her previous firm