Richard is a corporate governance specialist. His practice focuses on advising on all aspects of corporate governance, Financial Conduct Authority and Stock Exchange regulatory compliance and procedure. He has substantial experience advising listed public and large private companies on governance and compliance matters, including continuing obligations, disclosure requirements, governance systems and controls, the impact of the market abuse regulation, capital management initiatives, narrative reporting, constitutional matters and law, procedure and practice in relation to company meetings.
Richard's recent work highlights include:
- advising FTSE 350 companies on the impact of new statutory and regulatory requirements and best practice, including the impact of the Financial Reporting Council's 2018 Corporate Governance Code;
- advising FTSE 100 companies and building societies on the impact of COVID-19 on their disclosure obligations and AGMs;
- undertaking "health checks" on FTSE 350 narrative reporting.
- Richard has been the author of AG's market-leading "Company Secretary's Checklist: The annual report of a listed company" for over 10 years. He has contributed to several publications on governance, including The Chartered Governance Institute's "A Practical Guide to Good Company Reporting" (2015) and "Trust me, I'm listed: Why the annual report matters and how to do it well" (2020).
- Year Qualified
- Spanish - fluent
- German - good command
- Keble College, Oxford – Modern Languages (BA Hons), 1998
- College of Law, Chester – CPE and LPC, 1999-2000
"thinks past legislation to provide holistic advice"
Legal 500 – Corporate Governance (2017)