Annual Reporting by listed companies in 2019/20
With the majority of the Government's governance reforms in force, there are significant changes to the legal and regulatory requirements for listed companies to take account of when drafting their Annual Report this year, in addition to a vast number of new or revised guidance notes, reports and disclosure recommendations of which reporting teams should take account if they want to reflect "market practice".
The 2019/20 edition of the "Company Secretary's Checklist – The annual report of a listed company", produced by AG's Governance & Compliance Team, will guide you through this year's requirements and challenges.
- New requirement to include a Section 172(1) Statement in the Strategic Report.
- New requirement for certain companies to include minimum level stakeholder engagement disclosures in the Directors' Report.
- New content requirements for a Remuneration Policy to be put to the 2020 AGM.
- New content requirements for the Annual Statement and Annual Report on Remuneration (including CEO pay ratios).
- Requirement to report against the 2018 UK Corporate Governance Code.
- FRC's most recent observations on reporting, its expectations and the latest Lab reports.
- Latest guidance on reporting and likely areas of investor focus at 2020 AGMs.
Content and purpose
- Drafted from the perspective of a UK incorporated company with a premium listing on the Main Market, and a 31 December 2020 financial year end.
- Contains all mandatory reporting requirements.
- Highlights the changes that have taken place since last reporting period.
- Sets out what companies need to do differently to be compliant this year.
- Provides coverage of "best practice" guidance.
- Includes a step-by-step guide to finalising and publishing an Annual Report.
- Contains a checklist to enable preparations for an AGM as well as drafting the notice of meeting.
- Sets out likely areas of investor focus at your AGM.
Purchase your checklist
To purchase a copy of the "Company Secretary's Checklist – The annual report of a listed company 2019/20", please complete the form below.
The issues identified in the "Company Secretary's Checklist – The annual report of a listed company 2019/20" are for information only and their application will depend on individual circumstances and other relevant factors.
The document does not constitute legal advice and should not be relied on as such. Providing this document does not create a duty of care between Addleshaw Goddard LLP and the recipient. Nor does this document create a contractual or solicitor-client relationship between any Addleshaw Goddard LLP entity (or any of its partners, employees or agents) and any recipients.
If specific legal advice is required or we can be of further assistance, please contact the person with whom you usually deal at Addleshaw Goddard or any of the persons whose details are set out on the inside cover of the document.
Your copy of the checklist
– Electronic version: You will receive an electronic version of the checklist via email. Please allow 24 hours for delivery.
– Hard copy: You will also receive two hard copies by post at the company address provided.
£1,750 (plus VAT)