Deborah is Head of the Corporate team in Ireland. She has over 20 years experience advising on all aspects of corporate and commercial law, M&As to PPPs, commercial agreements and corporate governance matters.
Deborah specialises in mergers and acquisitions and has advised on many corporate restructurings, private equity investments and joint venture arrangements.
She also advises boards of directors on Directors Compliance Policies and provides guidance on the appropriate corporate governance approach and culture on boards of directors.
Recent experience includes advising:
- The shareholders of Irish based confectionery manufacturing group, Rose Holdings on its investment from private equity group Melior Equity Partners.
- NDC Media in relation to the sale of NDC Media, and its affiliate business, BonusFinder.com, a performance marketing business focused on the gambling industry in North America, to Gambling.com Ltd.
- GPS Insight, a US based buyer in the acquisition of the FieldAware group of companies.
- Murdock Builder Merchants, a leading timber supplier and builders’ merchants headquartered in Northern Ireland, in relation to its acquisition of the Brooks Group.
- The Brooks Group in relation to the acquisition of Kildare Builders Suppliers Ltd.
"Deborah could not have been more helpful. We had complete trust in her advice at all stages and we felt she represented us extremely well. At times, she was needed to bring back discussions to a common-sense approach and did so very well."
Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
"Deborah is excellent in every respect."
Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
“Deborah is an excellent adviser no matter what the issue. She is analytical and clear in her advice and she will bring in other specialisms when required and will ensure the best result is achieved consistently on her cases. She will go the extra mile and does so every time.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
“Deborah is a very calm and experienced lawyer.”
Chambers Europe, 2021
“Deborah’s positive, can-do attitude, attention to detail and commercial approach to matters has been the driving force in getting the deal over the line. She gives excellent and clear advice which is value adding and she is always available to clients and advisers alike. There are no issues which can’t be resolved when Deborah is on the team – she is problem solving and thinks outside the box.”
Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
“Deborah is particularly knowledgeable in matters pertaining to pre-sale reorganisations, share capital reductions and business transfer agreements.”
Chambers Europe, 2020
Clients describe her as “approachable and commercially astute”
Chambers Europe, 2019
“Deborah Kelly has a strong track record working with clients on M&A, joint ventures and private equity. She routinely represents clients from the life sciences, energy and technology spheres.”
Chambers Europe, 2018
- Admitted as a solicitor in 1999
- LL.B (Hons) (1992), Trinity College Dublin
- Masters in European Competition Law (1994) Karls Recht Universität, Germany
- Professional memberships
- Member of Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA) and the German-Irish Chamber of Commerce in Dublin. Deborah is a proficient German speaker.
- Deborah worked as a legal assistant in the Commercial department of Norton Rose Vieregge (formerly Gaedertz Vieregge Quack & Kreile) in Cologne, Germany.
- Deborah Kelly, Partner and Head of Corporate at Addleshaw Goddard (Ireland) was recently interviewed by Real Deals. She discusses the firm’s recent merger, deal structures in the region and the future outlook for private investment in Ireland here.
- Rescue Process for Small and Micro Companies Commenced >
- Liars Beware: Implications of the Criminal Justice (Perjury and Related Offences) Act 2021 >
- Rescue Process for Small and Micro Companies - Bill Published >
- Small Business Rescue >
- The Companies (Miscellaneous Provisions) (Covid-19) Act 2020 >
- Virtual AGMs and Company Constitutions >
- Corporate Governance - Director's Obligations and Implications of Covid-19 Restrictions >
- Covid-19 Directors Duties and Solutions for Distressed Businesses >
- Update on Supports Available for Irish Businesses Impacted by Covid-19 >
- Covid-19: Implications for Businesses >
- Covid-19: Electronic Signatures in Ireland >