Edward is a Legal Director and Solicitor Advocate in the Commercial Disputes team in Edinburgh. He leads the firm's Real Estate Disputes practice in Edinburgh.
Edward adivises a wide range of clients across the property and commercial sectors. He also has experience in conducting high value public procurement litigation.
Edward called as a Solicitor Advocate in 2016. He has a strong track record appearing in the Court of Session in particular in relation to interim orders. He regularly appears in substantive hearings in the Sheriff Court, Land Court, Lands Tribunal and Arbitration proceedings.
- acting for Highlands and Islands Airports Limited successfully obtaining orders confirming that Stornoway Airport is free from secure crofting rights. The case ensures the safe future operation of Stornoway Airport. Edward appeared as Junior Counsel in the successful Inner House appeal (reported)
- acting for a PLC landlord client in successfully pursuing an arbitration under a commercial lease for recovery of substantial arrears and defending a £1.1million counterclaim for damages
- acting for Capita plc in a high value challenge against disqualification from the Scottish Wide Area Network (SWAN) 2 Procurement under the Public Contracts (Sc) Regs 2015. The case included a rare successful opposition to a motion to lift the automatic suspension on proceeding with the procurement award.
- acting for a commercial property developer in a £3.5million damages claim against solicitors arising from professional negligence in failing to complete title to a development site (and hiding that failure from the client for several years). Title was secured by 'proving the tenor' of the lost disposition. Damages claims now proceeding for lost rental income
- acting for high net worth individuals a series of issues arising from ownership and redevelopment of country estate. Disputes included use and maintenance of several miles of private estate access roads (involving sheriff court, lands tribunal and mediation); and a boundary dispute.