Edward has extensive experience acting for commercial organisations and landowners, registered social landlords, public bodies and private individuals in resolving all kinds of commercial and property disputes. Edward conducts litigation in both the Sheriff Court and Court of Session including the Commercial Procedures. Edward also represents clients in both the Land Court and Lands Tribunal for Scotland.
Edward is a Solicitor Advocate and regularly appears in both Court of Session and Sheriff Court and has a particular interest in Court of Session advocacy.
Edward is a tutor at the University of Edinburgh since 2005 currently teaching Commercial Litigation on the Diploma in Legal Practice. Edward is also a Director of the University of Edinburgh Free Legal Advice Centre. Edward has contributed sections to the "Landlord and Tenant" volume of the Stair Memorial Encyclopaedia.
- Acting for both Landlords and Tenants in recovery of rent arrears, dilapidation claims and commercial actions for declarators of irritancy, and declarators of unreasonable withholding of consent, and enforcement of "keep open" obligations.
- Advising in relation to enforcement contractual obligations and damages claims arising from breach of residential and commercial missives, development agreements, option agreements and other contractual disputes relating to land.
- Advising in relation to claims for damages for nuisance including successful defence of proceedings for damages allegedly caused by a water leak, after a 3 day proof.
- Advising in relation to professional negligence claims principally relating to property transactions, including claims against solicitors, surveyors and accountants.
- Acting as Solicitor Advocate in the Court of Session seeking urgent restoration of Limited Liability Partnership to the register of companies to allow professional negligence claim to proceed before an imminent time bar deadline. Restoration achieved within 5 days, with 4 month period disregarded for time bar.
- Advising developers and land owners in relation to access rights, enforcement of title conditions, application to the Lands Tribunal for Scotland for discharge and variation and claims for compensation following Compulsory Purchase and public works (including recent claims arising from the Forth Crossing (Scotland) Act 2011).
- Professional memberships
- Property Litigation Association
- Society of Solicitor Advocates
- University of Edinburgh - LLB(Honours) - 2005
- University of Edinburgh - Diploma in Legal Practice - 2006
- Year qualified - 2008