Edward is a Legal Director and Solicitor Advocate in the Commercial Disputes team in Edinburgh. Edward leads the Real Estate disputes practice in the Edinburgh office as a specialist with 14 years' experience.
Edward called as a Solicitor Advocate in 2016. He has a strong track record appearing in the Court of Session in particular in relation to interim orders. He regularly appears in substantive hearings in the Sheriff Court, Land Court, Lands Tribunal and Arbitration proceedings.
- acting for Highlands and Islands Airports Limited successfully obtaining orders confirming that Stornoway Airport is free from secure crofting rights. The case ensures the safe future operation of Stornoway Airport. Edward appeared as Junior Counsel in the successful Inner House appeal (reported)
- acting for a PLC landlord client in successfully pursuing an arbitration under a commercial lease for recovery of substantial arrears and defending a £1.1million counterclaim for damages
- appearing urgently and at short notice for a commercial landlord in a 2 day hearing against counsel in the Court of Session to successfully oppose a motion for interim suspension and interdict relating to a charge for payment served on a tenant under an extract lease allowing the landlord to secure payment of the debt
- acting for a commercial property developer in a £3.5million damages claim against solicitors arising from professional negligence in failing to complete title to a development site (and hiding that failure from the client for several years). Title was secured by 'proving the tenor' of the lost disposition. Damages claims now proceeding for lost rental income
- acting for high net worth individuals in series of issues arising from ownership and redevelopment of country estate. Disputes include use and maintenance of several miles of private estate access roads (sheriff court, lands tribunal and mediation); defamation arising from planning applications (sheriff court); and a boundary dispute.