Paul Bentham is a commercial lawyer with over 25 years’ experience. He specialises in major commercial transactions, intellectual property (IP) and ICT.
He has extensive experience in:
- Outsourcing including IT, facilities management, logistics and business process outsourcing
- IT/telecoms procurement including the implementation of software and hardware, cloud solutions, network infrastructure and enterprise resource planning systems such as SAP, Oracle and Microsoft
- Technology transfer including licensing and exploitation of patents and other IP
- Brand transfer including licensing
- Research and development agreements
- Brand protection including international trademark portfolio management
- Data exploitation
- Joint venture agreements
- International trading agreements including distribution and agency agreements
- Regulated procurement (including public sector)
Paul is a recognised expert in both IP and ICT, by both the Chambers Guide and the Legal 500, and advises clients in the private and public sector. In the former he advises FTSE 100 and 250 companies in the financial services, retail and consumer, pharmaceutical and biotech, and IT/telecoms sectors.