Andrew is a Legal Director in the Litigation Group who specialises in complex IP and IT disputes.
Andrew has particular expertise in technology-based IT/IP disputes, ranging from software development and licensing issues to failed IT transformation projects, IT outsourcing projects and IP claims against third parties/ JV partners.
Andrew acts for national and international clients in range of sectors, including transport, utilities, retail and technology. He is also a member of the Society for Computers and Law.
Andrew's experience includes:
- Acting for T-Cards in a complex contractual and IP dispute against a third party developer regarding the ownership of business critical software.
- Acting for Nichebox (owner of Clive Christian Perfume) in a dispute with its former subsidiary over the use of the CLIVE CHRISTIAN mark and an associated logo.
- Acting for an energy company in relation to a dispute with an employee over the ownership of IP rights in a software tool that had partly been developed prior to his employment but subsequently deployed in the business.
- Advising Diageo in relation to a multi-million pound claim by SAP against Diageo concerned the alleged indirect use of its software programs. This is the leading reported case in this area (SAP v Diageo);
- Advising a bank in relation to dispute with its software provider in relation to the status and deployment of software within its IT estate;
- Acting for a global retail company on a dispute with a major IT supplier relating to its implementation of a new worldwide HR finance and accounting platform across numerous territories.