Richard is a non-practicing solicitor who, along with the wider team, is responsible for managing our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (with key focus on Disability, LGBTQ+ and Social Mobility) and our Pro Bono Programme across the global business.
Having joined Addleshaw Goddard in 2013 as a paralegal, Richard went on to train and qualify as commercial real estate associate and, in 2019, he moved into his current role. Given his legal background and lived experience Richard is perfectly placed to work alongside students, colleagues and clients to help identify opportunities for change and collaboration in order to create more inclusive working practices across the sector and help develop our Pro Bono Programme to support more people across our communities.
Richard's recent achievements include:
- working with key stakeholders to create, develop and implement our inclusion strategy
- supporting and promoting our employee networks to drive engagement and create safe spaces for conversations on inclusion topics
- improving resources on inclusion topics including trans and non-binary inclusion, the menopause, neurodiversity, race and ethnicity training
- refreshing our school engagement and mentoring programmes
- exploring and developing new pro bono opportunities with clients and colleagues across the business