A track record of 'firsts and forevers' in energy and utilities
The last two decades have seen a sea change in how our energy is produced. Over a third of electricity in GB now comes from renewable sources. More "green" gas is being piped into the gas network and more buildings are connected to heat networks.
Addleshaw Goddard has advised extensively on renewable and sustainable energy projects of every description throughout the UK and internationally for over 20 years. We work with some of the best known names in the energy and utilities sector. Our experience involves many firsts, such as:
- The largest smart metering deal in Europe
- The two largest solar and wind developments in England
- The first biomethane project and the first biomass project in the UK
- An oil & gas giant’s first global entry back into the renewables market
- The only UK government-mandated fund investing in electric vehicles
- One of only 2 at-scale carbon capture projects in the UK
- Advised the Energy regulator Ofgem, in its policy for the UK’s first offshore transmission rounds
- The two largest offshore wind farms in the world
Case Study: BP LIGHTSOURCE
Find out more about our expertise in Wind, Solar, Tidal, Waste, Biomass and Anaerobic Digestion.
Head of IPE and Co-head of Energy and Utilities
Partner, Energy and Utilities United KingdomView profile
Partner, Head of Scotland