Catherine is a real estate Partner based in our Manchester office with a focus on development and utilities. She advises developers, regulated businesses and investors on the development, disposal, pre-letting and funding of a range of asset classes with a particular emphasis on logistics, mixed use developments and regulated operational assets.
Catherine also provides strategic advice to companies maximising their portfolio as well as leading teams delivering bulk easements and licences for regulated businesses in the energy sector through the designing and implementation of bespoke utilising the latest technology.
- Advising Miller Developments on its 25 year £1bn long-term development agreement of 575 acres at Omega Warrington with Homes England including the forward funded disposals of over 2m sq ft of state of the art big box logistics units including the £47.5m pre-let of 690,000 sq ft logistics centre to the The Hut Group, forward funded by London Metric, the £23m, 240,000 sq ft manufacturing facility, forward funded to manufacturing occupier, Plastic Omnium and 1.49m sq ft of speculative units forward funded by Mountpark Logistics. The development also includes the disposal of a school site, arrangements with the Land Trust for the acquisition and maintenance of landscaping and common parts and sale of residential plots to Redrow, Miller Homes and Taylor Wimpey for the development of over 600 residential units.
- Advising Terra Firma on the complex disposal programme of the 149 Wyevale Garden Centres portfolio through 57 separate disposals to multiple buyers both individually and in sub-portfolios to maximise value. This included the designing and implementation of a bespoke platform for only bids and the management of the disposal process including due diligence, automation of documentation and recording of progress providing live updates for the full cross-discipline, multiple stakeholder team.
- Advising National Grid leading on the transfer of its regulated gas distribution portfolio involving over 10,000 regulated and non-regulated properties as part of the £15.8bn disposal to Cadent, including designing and implementing a bespoke technology platform for stakeholders and multiple advisers to record data for each asset to drive cost and time efficiencies and also provide invaluable data for future estate management
- Advising SGN on the disposal of its surplus sites portfolio, working with the legal, management and technical teams to devise the disposal strategy, including joint venture arrangements with both residential and commercial developers, to maximise returns whilst maintaining operational integrity of the gas network.
- Advising Peel Land & Property and Peel Media in relation to strategic disposals and developments.