Philip specialises in complex and strategically significant public private partnerships and major transactions in heavily regulated sectors. He advises project companies, water companies, contractors, sponsors and lenders in the private sector and in the public sector, he advises local and central government and national infrastructure providers.
Philip's practice covers a range of sectors including water, transport, health, energy, waste, education and housing. He advises on transactions such as acquisitions and disposals, outsourced contracts, concessions, joint ventures and collaboration arrangements. He also acts on many operational projects – including in relation to disputes leading to restructurings, settlement and terminations.
Philip was shortlisted as "Young Lawyer of the Year 2018" by Insider Media, and has written for legal and industry publications. He is recommended in Legal 500 2020 as a key lawyer in project finance and PFI, local government, health and transport.
- United Utilities on the £750m+ replacement of the 109km drinking water pipeline, Haweswater Aqueduct. DPC is a new model of project finance and this project is the first of its kind.
- Femern A/S (a Danish government entity) on the procurement on the Femernbelt Link – a EUR 5 billion project to build an immersed tunnel between Denmark and Germany
- Keolis and Amey on their joint bid for the £600m Manchester Metrolink tram system operation and maintenance contract
- Southern Water on the bulk supply agreement with Portsmouth Water for the funding of a new reservoir and supply of water from it. It is the first such funding structure for infrastructure in the water sector.
- Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust on the collapse and restructuring of its PFI hospital following the insolvency of Carillion
- Trafford Council on the pathfinder £235 million outsourcing of a number of its core services, including street lighting, waste collection, highways maintenance and estate management
- Qualified - 2013
- BPP Law School Manchester, PG Dip in Legal Practice
- University of Essex, Law LLB