Philip specialises in complex and strategically significant public private partnerships and PFIs, advising local and central government, PFI project companies, contractors, sponsors and lenders across sectors including health, transport, energy, waste, education and housing.
Philip's practice consists of a mix of transactions such as acquisitions and disposals, outsourced contracts, concessions, joint ventures and collaboration arrangements. He also advises on many operational projects – including in relation to disputes leading to restructurings, settlement and terminations.
Philip was shortlisted as "Young Lawyer of the Year 2018" by Insider Media.
- Femern A/S (a Danish government entity) on the procurement on the Femernbelt Link – a EUR 5 billion project to build an immersed tunnel between Denmark and Germany
- Keolis and Amey on their joint bid for the Manchester Metrolink tram system operation and maintenance contract
- Semperian PPP Invement Partners in relation to various contentious and non-contentious operational PFI projects
- Trafford Council on the pathfinder £235 million outsourcing of a number of its core services, including street lighting, waste collection, highways maintenance and estate management
- The Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust on a the £20m development of a biocampus in partnership with the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, using ERDF funding
- SSE on the £1 billion Peterhead Carbon Capture and Storage project
- Qualified - 2013
- BPP Law School Manchester, PG Dip in Legal Practice
- University of Essex, Law LLB