Paul Dight is one of the principal partners in AG’s Energy and Utilities team and is the head of our Renewables and Electric Vehicle Group. He advises on a variety of energy projects including district heating, CHP, renewables (wind, solar, bio-energy, waste), electric vehicles, battery projects, utility networks, and energy and utilities regulation. Paul advises central and local government, regulators, energy companies, developers, investors, supply chain, funders as well as procuring authorities and bidders on public procurements in the energy and other sectors. He is recommended in the legal directories for his work in renewables and has advised on over 100 renewables projects covering almost all renewable technology types.
Paul's recent experience includes:
- lead adviser to Volkswagen AG on their € multi billion alliance with Ford Motor Company for the supply of battery electric vehicle 'platforms'
- advising on wind (on and offshore) projects for multiple developers, investors and other stakeholders including Low Carbon Contracts Company on several offshore wind projects awarded CfDs.including Hornsea 1 & 2, the largest offshore schemes in the UK
- advising Transport for Greater Manchester on their Greater Manchester Electric Vehicle Network procurement and concession contract
- advising MAPs, MOPs/MAMs and suppliers on smart metering projects including Opus Energy, Haven and Drax on their Smart Metering roll-out programme
- Peel / MediaCity on their private and licensed power and heat network including cooling to BBC/ITV studios from their dedicated CHP (tri-generation) facility at MediaCity
- heat network projects for Leeds City Council, Stockton Borough Council, Network Rail at Birmingham New Street, and several property developers
- advising Britvic, Primark, Travelodge, Citibank all as sponsors on major CHP generated heat, cooling and power schemes
- on and off-shore wind projects for Peel Wind, John Laing, Infinis, Sainsbury's, SunEdison
- solar projects for British Land, Aberdeen Standard, Bentley
- Smart metering projects for Aviva and Horizon Infrastructure (formerly Foresight Metering).
- Smart Metering Practice Guide – Lexis Nexis
- Disruption in the GB Energy Markets – AG Publication
- Plain English Guide to the Contract for Difference – AG Publication
- Guide to the Contract for Difference – Lexis Nexis
- AG Energy Insights – AG Publications
- Portuguese – fluent
- French – good command
- Spanish – good command