Erc specialises in finance transactions across multiple sectors. He regularly advises both borrowers and lenders in relation to real estate financing, development financing, acquisition financing, funds finance, loan portfolio sales, debt and security restructurings and on a range of products across various fund sectors (including private equity funds and real estate funds).
Erc acts for domestic and international financial institutions and alternative lenders on syndicated and bilateral deals and for direct lenders in relation to both senior and mezzanine facilities. Erc has also acted for a number of large Irish corporates on the borrower side of financing transactions with a number of domestic financial institutions.
Recent Experience includes advising:
- Bank of Ireland in connection with various financings, including real-estate, development and social housing financings
- Finance Ireland, an Irish based alternative lender, in relation to commercial financings to borrowers within the Irish market
- A leading international re-insurance company in the purchase of a €75,000,000 portfolio of Irish law governed lifetime loans and mortgages
- Murdock Builder Merchants, a leading timber supplier and builders’ merchants, in relation to its acquisition of the Brooks Group from the Welsh based Premier Forest Group
- Cannon Kirk Group, a leading real estate developer of residential, commercial, and retail property in Ireland, Germany and the UK, in relation to all aspects of its various financing requirements
- Irish (Good command)
- Bachelor of Corporate Law, National University of Ireland Galway, 2007
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB), National University of Ireland Galway, 2008
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2012
- Diploma in Finance Law, The Law Society of Ireland, 2012
- Diploma in Corporate Law & Governance, The Law Society of Ireland, 2016
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- Member of The Law Society of Ireland
"Erc is recommended as a 'Key Lawyer'"
Legal 500 EMEA, 2021-2022