Jennifer is a Legal Director in our Real Estate division with over 20 years' experience in the sector advising on a wide range of commercial property matters for a variety of education, healthcare and Local Authority clients. Her recent experience includes acting for NHS Foundation Trusts, Local Authorities and Multi Academy Trusts.
Jennifer's recent experience includes:
- acting as part of a wider team, advising a Local Authority on its acquisition of a high street shopping centre;
- providing property specific advice to a Local Authority, following a proposed variation of its funding agreement in respect of a regional airport;
- acting for several Multi Academy Trusts dealing with the property elements of their conversion and re-brokerage transactions, including dealing with issues relating to PFI, PF2, Children's Centres, caretaker accommodation, nurseries, Local Authority leisure facilities and complex shared use facilities;
- advising a local Multi Academy Trust, following the Local Authority move from a three tier to two tier system of education, on the partial surrender of its academy lease, together with the development of its remaining site to accommodate the provision of early years education services, through to Year 6;
- acting as part of a wider team, advising an NHS Foundation Trust on the individual property arrangements regarding its transfer of services to another NHS Foundation Trust;
- University of Northumbria – LL.B (Hons) 1995