The team at Addleshaw Goddard advises a wide range of clients, in the public, private and third sectors, on the full spectrum of NHS and general Healthcare Infrastructure issues
We have a strong track record acting for clients on healthcare matters across the primary, acute and mental health sectors. Much of our work involves assisting with the successful delivery of strategically important local, regional and national projects. As the sector constantly evolves, we have advised clients on:
- We have advised clients on
As the sector constantly evolves, we have advised clients on:
- Establishment of corporate vehicles for NHS Trusts
- Estate rationalisation and transformation
- FM outsourcing
- Mergers and demergers of NHS Trusts
- New build projects
- PFI dispute issues
- Public Private Partnerships
- Service transformations
- Extensive experience
Examples of our recent experience include advising:
- Acting for the development partner to South West London and St George's NHS Trust on the Springfield University Hospital project to deliver a new mental health hospital, over 800 new homes, open parkland, 54 bed care home, retail units, enhanced estate infrastructure and a bespoke district heating network.
- Acting for Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and Northumbria Healthcare Facilities Management Limited in their multiparty TCC claim against Lendlease in relation to a new build hospital in Cramlington which has multiple high value defects (including structural, M&E and fire related).
- Acting for Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Mid Essex NHS Trust & Basildon & Thurrock University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (now Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust) in navigating the first three way merger of NHS Trusts within the NHS.
- Acting for Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust on the redevelopment of the Trust estate across its campuses at both Guy's and St Thomas' hospitals, which will see in excess of 20 infrastructure projects bought forward over a 15 year period with a development value in excess of £4 billion.
- Acting for an NHS Foundation Trust in relation to the proposed spin out of and investment into an integrated business unit of the Trust, through a competitive bid process.
- We have worked with a large number of NHS Foundation Trusts in establishing and the ongoing operation of commercial vehicles across England, in particular acting for D-Hive, the wholly owned subsidiary of University Hospitals Derby and Burton, on commercial arrangements with the Trust and third parties including the establishment of a storage service, fully managed service and supply of staff.
We can be called off the following core public sector frameworks for legal work: