The team at Addleshaw Goddard advises a wide range of clients, in the public, private and third sectors, on the full spectrum of NHS and general Healthcare Infrastructure issues
We have a strong track record acting for clients on healthcare matters across the primary, acute and mental health sectors. Much of our work involves assisting with the successful delivery of strategically important local, regional and national projects. As the sector constantly evolves, we have advised clients on:
Our team consists of lawyers with a vast amount of expertise in and experience of advising NHS Trusts and their private sector partners and supply chain. We apply these skills to work as partners with our clients, helping them drive forward the changes required to enable NHS bodies, and the public, private and third sector organisations operating with them, to meet the demands and rise to the challenges within the market.
Examples of our recent experience include advising:
- a consortium of Foundation Trusts, a Local Authority and GP Federation bidding to be appointed as the Local Care Organisation (LCO) provider for the £6bn devolved health and social services contract for Manchester
- Serco on its high profile £600m soft-FM outsourcing contract with Barts Hospital NHS Trust
- University Hospital of South Manchester, one of the partners in the MediPark project, in relation to the biocampus regeneration scheme
- NHS Improvement in relation to the merger and dissolution of NHS Trusts
- NHS Trusts on the establishment of PropCos to manage Trust estate
- a Foundation Trust in relation to the establishment of an Accountable Care Organisation (ACO) by CCGs to deal with the commissioning and procurement of services
- Kajima Partnerships Limited and Sir Robert McAlpine Capital Ventures in their capacity as the preferred bidder and master developer for South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust's Estate Modernisation Project. This project will deliver for the Trust two new Mental Health Hospitals and includes the development across part of the estate of over 830 new homes, a care home, open parkland and all associated infrastructure. Receipts from the sale of the land for the new housing is helping to fund the development of the new hospitals
- Liverpool and Sefton Health Partnerships in relation to a series of developments for Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust, including the construction of a new hospital and the refurbishment of existing facilities across Merseyside.
- a number of infrastructure funds in relation to the management of their healthcare PFI/PPP portfolios across both the acute and primary health care sectors. We advise some of the leading infrastructure funds on all aspects of portfolio management including, variations to and reconfigurations of estate, refinancings, FM contracts and FM replacements.
- two Lift (Local Improvement Finance Trust) companies (owned by Fulcrum Infrastructure Group and Community Health Partnerships) in relation to the development of two new primary healthcare centres in South London and West London.
- an SPV in relation to a £14 million dispute regarding fire compartmentation defects at an NHS hospital