Charlotte specialises in construction and engineering law with a primary focus on non-contentious development work.
Charlotte is named as a notable practitioner by Chambers and Partners and an "Associate to watch" for the last three years.
She has experience acting across a broad range of sectors in high value, complex construction schemes. She advises advise on development agreements, standard form contracts (such as JCT, NEC3, IchemE, FIDIC and MF1), and inputs on construction elements in agreements for lease, sale agreements and funding agreements together with negotiating consultant appointments and related agreements including collateral warranties, bonds, guarantees and novation agreements.
She has particular experience in the student accommodation, office, life sciences and logistics sectors.
She has acted in a large number of construction disputes, both for claimant and defendant clients and has experience in all types of dispute resolution procedures including litigation, arbitration, adjudication and ADR.
Her clients include Bruntwood, Alumno Developments, Moda Living, Liverpool John Moores University, Manchester City Council, West Midlands Combined Authority and Westrock.
- Acting for Bruntwood on the £750m Circle Square development at the former BBC Site in Manchester
- Construction lead for Bruntwood and Manchester Science Partnerships on the delivery of Manchester Science Park, Didsbury Technology Park and Citylabs 2.0.
- Advising Moda Living Limited on its flagship PRS scheme at Angel Gardens in Manchester
- Construction lead for Alumno Developments' student accommodation developments in Durham, Stratford, Norwich and Sheffield
- Advising West Midlands Combined Authority on its station redevelopment programme in Birmingham