Charlotte specialises in construction and engineering law with a primary focus on non-contentious development work.
Charlotte is named as a notable practitioner by Chambers and Partners and an "Associate to watch".
She has experience acting across a broad range of sectors and for high value, complex construction schemes. She advises advise on development agreements, standard form contracts (such as JCT, NEC3, IChemE and MF1), and inputs on construction elements in agreements for lease, sale agreements and funding agreements together with negotiating consultant appointments and related agreements including collateral warranties, bonds, guarantees and novation agreements.
She has acted in a large number of construction disputes, both for claimant and defendant clients and has experience in all types of dispute resolution procedures including litigation, arbitration, adjudication and ADR.
Her clients include Bruntwood, Alumno Developments, Moda Living Limited, Liverpool John Moores University, Manchester City Council and Atkins Limited.
She has particular experience in the education, hotel and leisure, energy and life sciences sectors. Some highlights are as follows:
- Acting for Bruntwood on the £750m Circle Square development at the former BBC Site in Manchester
- Construction lead for Bruntwood and Manchester Science Partnerships on the delivery of Manchester Science Park, Didsbury Technology Park and Citylabs 2.0.
- Advising Moda Living Limited on its flagship PRS scheme at Angel Gardens in Manchester
- Leading the construction elements of Alumno Development's student accommodation developments in Durham, Stratford, Norwich and Sheffield
- University of Leeds – History, First Class BA Hons
- BPP Manchester - Graduate Diploma in Law
- BPP Manchester - Legal Practice Course
- Year qualified - 2011