Addleshaw Goddard is a forward-thinking law firm for a forward-thinking sector
Our Life Sciences practice comprises a large, multi-disciplinary team. We advise clients from across the spectrum, from start-ups/spin-outs through to major multi-nationals, on a broad range of issues, ranging from raising finance through to disposal, and product liability to major international disputes.
Companies operating in the life sciences industry are consistently exposed to legal and regulatory changes and challenges. As such, understanding the scientific, business and political challenges facing companies operating in the sector enables us to provide commercially relevant advice to some of the world’s leading life sciences companies – including GlaxoSmithKline and Thermo Fisher.
Our recent experience includes advising:
- Clinigen Group on the company's AIM listing and acquisition of IDIS
- Premaitha Health plc on the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of YourGene Bioscience
- Alliance Medical on the restructuring of a £300m debt facility, debt for swap, share sale of a subsidiary and advice on equity arrangements to management
- a specialist lender on a range of matters including a CT scanner managed service and proton beam therapy centres
- a major pharmaceutical company on the defence of a long-running product liability group action in relation to an anti-depressant product
- TC BioPharm Limited in relation to a fundraising in excess of £6m led by NIPRO Corporation (Osaka, Japan) and the Scottish Investment Bank
- a FTSE 100 global pharmaceutical company in an £85m arbitration against a number of insurers in relation to the scope and extent of its product liability coverage of third party claims arising from alleged side effects of the company's products