At Addleshaw Goddard we operate as a trusted partner in retirement living and social care
We have expertise in and experience of advising across a broad range of areas including M&A transactions, restructuring, banking, real estate finance, portfolio acquisitions and disposals, investigations by regulatory bodies, disputes, technology, commercial contracts and outsourcing.
As the UK continues to experience high levels of population growth, and UK residents are living longer and healthier, the over 65s will soon represent almost 25% of the population. Accordingly, the retirement living sector represents a clear opportunity for investment as it continues to grow. The market has seen a number of transactions, including REIT and PE investment, and the trend for retirement village developments across the UK, which is anticipated to be a growth area.
Our recent experience includes advising:
- Care Concern Group across a range of areas including sale and leasebacks, new build transactions and extensions, business acquisitions together with a number of refinancing transactions
- Barchester Healthcare on the outsourcing of repairs and maintenance across the homes estate to CBRE
- Borough Care on the transfer of a portfolio of care homes from Stockport Borough Council
- Counted4 CIC on a successful business critical procurement challenge against Sunderland City Council's decision to award a contract for substance misuse treatment services to Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Bank Leumi in a £15m hunting-line facility granted to Gracewell, a provider of luxury care homes
- in relation to the setup of a Charity in the Emirate of Dubai and the setup of an autism centre/educational healthcare facilities in Dubai Healthcare City
- a major national bank in the restructuring of £400m senior debt in relation to 15 luxury care homes
- Four Seasons Care Homes on the acquisition of new 'turnkey' leasehold properties from Castleoak Care Developments