Since qualifying with the firm in 2007, Louise has focused on commercial dispute resolution with a particular emphasis on procurement, health, telecoms and outsourcing disputes, acting for clients in both the public and the private sector. Louise deals with a wide range of commercial disputes through the court process, including warranty and indemnity claims, shareholder disputes and complex contractual claims. Her work also includes dispute avoidance and risk management advice, assisting with contract negotiations / terminations, exit strategy and payments along with supporting project management teams with the day to day risk management of large scale and long term outsourcing and project agreements.
- Public procurement challenges, in particular those relating to health and social care contracts
- Claims involving directors/HNWI and risk management to protect directors and NEDs (including defending claims alleging breach of fiduciary duty, breach of warranty and unlawful means conspiracy)
- The management of confidential and commercially sensitive data and information in disputes (whether personal or business data); and
- The successful use of alternative dispute resolution procedures including mediation, JSMs and negotiation
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Procurement Lawyers Association
- University of Oxford – Lady Margaret Hall MA and BA Hons (2:1) – 2003
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction
"Louise Dobson, who is ‘a very effective public procurement litigator'."
"Louise Dobson has an ability to 'translate business goals into legal parameters' and is 'approachable, calm and extremely diligent'."
"Louise Dobson really knows her stuff."
Legal 500 2020 (Health)
Louise is ranked as an 'Associate to Watch' for Litigation in Yorkshire in Chambers 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 and also UK-wide for Public Procurement in 2019 and 2020.
Louise is also ranked as a 'Next Generation Lawyer' for Litigation in Yorkshire in Legal 500 2018, 2019 and 2020, and referenced as an expert in disputes in the health sector in Yorkshire in the Legal 500 in 2020.
"Louise Dobson is a skilled practitioner who specialises in handling contentious issues relating to public procurement. Clients are keen to praise her "very good understanding of tactics and strategy," with one market commentator adding that "she is very tenacious and she will fight really hard for her clients' interests."
"Louise Dobson is a litigator who acts for bidders and contracting authorities on procurement challenges, and has particular expertise in healthcare and pharmaceuticals-related disputes. According to one client "Louise is an invaluable asset for our company - she is very knowledgeable across a range of topics and is always responsive to the matters we seek advice for."
"Louise Dobson is regarded by sources as "one of the most hard-working lawyers in the whole of Yorkshire: always available, and able to juggle competing demands effectively." She is also as "a knowledgeable litigator who always delivers for her clients." Her specialism in procurement disputes sees her advise on matters arising in both the private and public sectors."