Since qualifying with the firm in 2007, Louise has focused on commercial dispute resolution with a particular emphasis on procurement, health, telecoms and outsourcing disputes, acting for clients in both the public and the private sector. Louise deals with a wide range of commercial disputes through the court process, including warranty and indemnity claims, shareholder disputes and complex contractual claims. Her work also includes dispute avoidance and risk management advice, assisting with contract negotiations / terminations, exit strategy and payments along with supporting project management teams with the day to day risk management of large scale and long term outsourcing and project agreements.
- Public procurement challenges, in particular those relating to health and social care contracts
- Claims involving directors/HNWI and risk management to protect directors and NEDs (including defending claims alleging breach of fiduciary duty, breach of warranty and unlawful means conspiracy)
- The management of confidential and commercially sensitive data and information in disputes (whether personal or business data); and
- The successful use of alternative dispute resolution procedures including mediation, JSMs and negotiation
- Professional memberships
- Member of the Procurement Lawyers Association
- University of Oxford – Lady Margaret Hall MA and BA Hons (2:1) – 2003
- Legal Practice Course – Distinction
"Louise Dobson is a skilled practitioner who specialises in handling contentious issues relating to public procurement. Clients are keen to praise her "very good understanding of tactics and strategy," with one market commentator adding that "she is very tenacious and she will fight really hard for her clients' interests."
Louise is listed as an "Associate to Watch"
Associate Louise Dobson is establishing herself firmly in the Yorkshire litigation market by acting on a number of high-profile procurement cases. One source notes: "Louise's technical knowledge and ability to handle and understand a mass of detail from the client was terrific. She guided me through a tense and stressful time with sound commercial awareness, real effectiveness and patient and diligent client service."
Louise is listed in the Legal 500 2017 as a "Next Generation" lawyer for Commercial Disputes – Yorkshire.
"Louise Dobson, who is ‘very hard working’, has specialist knowledge of the health and pharmaceutical sectors."
Legal 500 2017