Kellie is a partner based in the Middle East. An experienced technology and privacy lawyer, she has been advising blue chips, multi-national businesses and public institutions on the legal implications of their activities across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and the wider MENA region since 2012.
Kellie focuses on advising businesses on their strategic IT projects and on their compliance with information law. She also advises clients how to develop, commercialise and implement digital services and technology-based offerings whilst managing regulatory risks. Kellie acts as trusted advisor to some of the world's best known and most innovative companies. She has expertise in advising clients in the healthcare and life sciences sector, technology and financial services sectors. Admitted in Scotland in 2008, she is also a member of the Society of Computers and Law.
Her indicative experience includes advising:
- A Middle Eastern telecoms operator on the $700 million design, build and exclusive lease agreement for a 16 MW Tier III data centre facility.
- A GCC government-owned company on the procurement and implementation of software in connection with the digital transformation of its manufacturing process (value: > $300 million).
- A GCC bank on its appointment as exclusive provider of e-payment and remittance services to more than 50 government entities (value: > $200 million).
- An outsourced service provider on the data protection compliance issues associated with its appointment as strategic IT partner on a project (value: > $40 million).
- Several leading online service providers and an industry trade association on strategic policy projects in the GCC region, including on topics such as the regulation of digital content, cross-border data transfers, cloud computing and data processing in the financial services and healthcare & life sciences sectors.
- University of Glasgow, LLB with French, 2005
- Glasgow Graduate School of Law, Diploma in Legal Practice, 2006
- TechRadar, DIFC brings its new data protection law in accordance with international best practice, 15 July 2020
- The Oath, Keeping up with the IoT Boom, August 2019
- Gulf Times, Data Protection Law in Qatar, 29 January 2017
- French - good command
"Kellie has in-depth knowledge of the fast-evolving privacy laws and regulations in the Middle East, including the regulatory developments and priorities of the authorities."
"In this complex landscape she is able to provide to-the-point, actionable and risk-based advice taking into account the specific aspects of our business."
"She has added infinite value to me in my efforts to de-risk and future-proof the business."