Adrian has extensive experience in compliance, and criminal defence of a range of regulatory offences. This includes representing corporate entities and individuals facing prosecution for offences ranging from manslaughter to technical regulations such as COSHH and Control of Vibration at Work. His sector experience includes retail, manufacturing, construction and utilities.
He has represented national retailers in relation to food safety and hygiene offences relating to pests and the fitness of foodstuffs for consumption. He also advises on compliance with labelling laws and on promotions and advertisements. His care sector experience includes mental capacity, safeguarding, CQC inspections and Local Adult Safeguarding Boards. He advises housing associations on fire safety, asbestos, electrical and legionella compliance and on the implications of the Hackitt Review.
His trading standards experience includes compliance with CPUT and the Consumer Rights Act. He has also advised on product safety including low voltage electrical products, toys, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals. His background includes defending personal injury claims and the parallel issues arising in simultaneous civil and criminal litigation.
- Acting for a Distribution Network Operator in relation to a fatal accident investigation leading to acquittal of the principal offence
- Representing a director charged with seven offences under PUWER and COSHH, all charges were dropped shortly before trial
- Acting for a global construction company in response to a prosecution for multiple historic Hand Arm Vibration breaches
- Advising on EU wide actions to be taken in respect of goods which breached the RoHS regime due to the presence of excessive quantities of a heavy metal
- Advising a government agency responsible for sporting events on its enforcement obligations and enforcement policy
- Advising a statutory water undertaker in relation to fatal accidents and the tactics to be adopted at Inquest
- Advising a statutory water undertaker in relation to alleged odour nuisance issues and
- Advising a manufacturing company prosecuted for breaches relating to machinery guarding and pedestrian/vehicle segregation.
- Year Qualified
- Sheffield – LLB (Hons) 2006
- College of Law – Distinction 2008
- Professional memberships
- Adrian is a member of the Health and Safety Lawyers Association.