Emily is an Associate in the Dispute Resolution team in Leeds. She advises clients on a wide range of complex, high value and business critical disputes. A large part of Emily's work is focused on finding solutions for clients, either through alternative dispute resolution or formal Court proceedings.
Emily has particular expertise in managing risk and resolving claims in connection with IT disputes and breach of contract matters, including warranty claims and the supply of goods and services disputes. She also has experience in dealing with procurement challenges, judicial reviews and professional negligence claims.
Examples of Emily's experience include:
- acting on behalf of an NHS Trust against an IT service provider in relation to a multi-million pound software dispute
- assisting on a successful Court of Appeal action in connection with the effect of a limitation clause in an IT services contract
- acting on behalf of a large equipment manufacturer in defending multi-million pound adjudication proceedings for damages alleged to have resulted from breach of contract
- acting on behalf of a number of major retailers in a multi-billion pound claim brought against MasterCard in relation to a breach of competition law
- advising on a multi-million pound energy claim against one of the UK's leading energy providers in connection with a breach of contract dispute
- assisting on a multi-party fraud against a collection of valuation companies and solicitor firms in relation to an extensive fraudulent property portfolio
- advising on fraudulent property hijack matters involving claims for breach of trust and breach of warranty of authority and claims against professionals in relation to the provision of negligent and fraudulent advice and / or information
- advising on a wide range of commercial matters including breach of contract disputes, professional negligence claims and partnership and shareholder matters
- working with a major plc in dealing with a range of customer claims and related regulatory issues.