Heather is an experienced real estate solicitor specialising in both residential and commercial property development and property finance with experience acting for developers and funders, advising on strategic options, joint venture partnering arrangements, complex acquisitions and disposals and asset management. She acts for property companies dealing with development and investments and property portfolio management issues including new leases and lease renewals on commercial, office and industrial premises. In addition Heather is a recognised expert in the social housing sector acting for housing providers, developers and funders in many of the innovative models developed by the housing sector and developers for delivery of housing. She also has experience of brownfield acquisitions, site assembly, strategic option agreements, regeneration and mixed tenure developments
- Advising a number of housing providers in connection with the acquisition of development sites for mixed tenure or social housing development either as stand-alone sites or part of larger developments. Transactions include planning obligation driven, golden brick, and turn key acquisitions and onward transfer to other housing providers or local authorities.
- Advising housing developers on options, site assembly, site acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, land promotion, site set up including utility wayleave agreements and deeds of conditions through to onward sales to housing providers and local authorities and plot sales.
- Scottish relationship partner for a national house builder co-ordinating advice on site set ups and plot sales in respect of Scottish developments
- Advising a Luxembourg fund on the acquisition of a large partially built residential development site for private sale
- Professional memberships
- Scottish Property Federation Residential Investment and Management Committee
- Homes for Scotland
- Law Society of Scotland
- Notary Public
"Heather has provided an excellent service to Link PSL, responding quickly to questions, providing quality information which has assisted Link when dealing with often vulnerable customers and complex landlord issues. This has achieved positive outcomes without the escalation to other external agencies and preserving Link's reputation. Heather Pearson's personal attention to detail and interest in our business needs exceeds our expectations."
June Green, Director of Housing, Link Group
"Leader in their field."
Legal 500 (2016)
"They can prepare you for anything that might arise, and the whole team is up to date with what is going on with us."
Chambers UK (2015)