Heather is an experienced real estate solicitor specialising in both residential and commercial property development and property finance with experience acting for developers and funders, advising on strategic options, joint venture partnering arrangements, complex acquisitions and disposals and asset management.
She acts for property companies dealing with development and investments and property portfolio management issues including new leases and lease renewals on commercial, office and industrial premises. She also acts for residential developers and development funders.
In addition Heather heads the social housing team in Scotland and is a recognised leader in the social housing sector advising on property development, funding, regulatory and governance issues. She acted for housing providers, developers and funders in many of the innovative models developed by the housing sector and developers for delivery of housing during the economic crisis including National Housing Trust (NHT) and Resonance. She also has experience of brownfield acquisitions, site assembly, strategic option agreements, regeneration and mixed tenure developments.
Heather is a member of the SPF Residential Investment Committee and the PRS Working Party committee on tenancy regulation. She is also Chair of Trust Housing Association.
- Advises a number of housing providers in connection with the acquisition of development sites for mixed tenure or social housing development either as stand- alone sites or part of larger development sites. Transactions include planning obligation driven, 'golden brick' and turn-key acquisitions and onward transfer to other housing providers.
- Advises banks and housing providers on property finance transactions
- Option and promotion agreements for a west coast regeneration project with reclaimed development land.
- Scottish relationship partner for a national house builder co-ordinating advice on site set ups and plot sales in respect of a number of west coast developments.
- Advises property holding company of large car dealership on all commercial development and leasing matters.
"Heather has provided an excellent service to Link PSL, responding quickly to questions, providing quality information which has assisted Link when dealing with often vulnerable customers and complex landlord issues. This has achieved positive outcomes without the escalation to other external agencies and preserving Link's reputation. Heather Pearson's personal attention to detail and interest in our business needs exceeds our expectations."
June Green, Director of Housing, Link Group
"Leader in their field."
Legal 500 (2016)
"They can prepare you for anything that might arise, and the whole team is up to date with what is going on with us."
Chambers UK (2015)
- Professional memberships
- Scottish Property Federation Residential Investment Committee
- Private Rented Sector Working Committee on Tenancy Regulation
- Law Society of Scotland
- Notary Public
- Dundee University
- Year qualified: 1986
- Dundee University