Heather has over 28 years' experience as a real estate partner specialising in both commercial and residential property development and property finance with experience acting for developers and funders, advising on strategic options, joint venture partnering arrangements, complex acquisitions and disposals and asset management. She acts for property companies dealing with development and investments and property portfolio management issues including new leases and lease renewals on commercial, office and industrial premises. She also acts for residential developers and development funders.
In addition Heather is a recognised leader in the social housing sector in Scotland advising on property development, funding, regulatory and governance issues. She has acted for housing providers, developers and funders in many of the innovative models developed by the housing sector and developers for delivery of housing during the economic crisis including National Housing Trust (NHT) and Resonance. She also has experience of brownfield acquisitions, site assembly, strategic option agreements, regeneration and mixed tenure developments.
- advising developers on options, site assembly, site acquisitions, joint venture arrangements, land promotion, site set up including utility wayleave agreements and deeds of conditions through to onward sales including to end occupiers, housing providers and local authorities. Heather's team delivers property, planning, construction, procurement, tax, banking and environmental services
- numerous providers n connection with the acquisition of development sites for mixed tenure or social housing development either as stand-alone sites or part of larger developments. Transactions include planning obligation driven, golden brick, and turn key acquisitions and onward transfer to other housing providers or local authorities. Heather manages the team providing property, tax, corporate, planning, construction and procurement services in respect of these transactions
- Relationship partner for one of the largest Scottish car dealerships representing 12 franchise partners in 28 locations and providing advice in respect of development, investment and property portfolio asset management including new leases and lease renewals
- relationship partner for a national housebuilder and managing a team delivering advice on options, land acquisition, development, site set up and plot sales using a technology based management system and document automation
- advising a joint venture partnership in respect of a major proposed health and innovation project including the development of a range of commercial office and laboratory accommodation, innovation hub, ancillary retail and leisure space and mixed residential property
- Professional memberships
- Scottish Property Federation Residential Investment and Management Committee
- Homes for Scotland
- Law Society of Scotland
- Notary Public
"Heather has provided an excellent service to Link PSL, responding quickly to questions, providing quality information which has assisted Link when dealing with often vulnerable customers and complex landlord issues. This has achieved positive outcomes without the escalation to other external agencies and preserving Link's reputation. Heather Pearson's personal attention to detail and interest in our business needs exceeds our expectations."
June Green, Director of Housing, Link Group
"Leader in their field."
Legal 500 (2016)
"They can prepare you for anything that might arise, and the whole team is up to date with what is going on with us."
Chambers UK (2015)