Lorna advises on a wide range of issues within the corporate and commercial law practice area including mergers and acquisitions, disposals, corporate restructurings, shareholder agreements, joint ventures, general commercial contracts and corporate governance and compliance. Lorna has a particular focus on share acquisitions and disposals and business and asset acquisitions and disposals and regularly advises companies from incorporation through to exit.
In addition to her corporate and commercial work, Lorna advises employers and trustees on all aspects of pensions law including advising on employers’ and trustees’ obligations and duties under pension trusts and pension legislation and advises clients in respect of the drafting and amending of pension trust documentation.
Recent Experience includes advising:
- Murdock Builders Merchants, a leading timber supplier and builders’ merchants headquartered in Northern Ireland, in relation to its acquisition of the Brooks Group, including Brooks Timber & Building Supplies Limited and the Dublin Plywood & Veneer Company Limited from Premier Forest Groups.
- PointsBet, Australia’ largest online bookmaker, on its acquisition of Banach Technology Limited, a market leading Irish gambling software developer.
- A leading British food manufacturer, in respect of its acquisition of a majority stake in a large Irish food production company.
- A food and drink retail group in respect of the acquisition of a large and long-established supermarket in Dublin.
- Tifco Group, the second largest hotel operator in Ireland, in relation to all of its corporate acquisitions and disposals and general ongoing corporate advices since 2016.
- A New Sherriff in Town: Corporate Enforcement Authority
- “The Central Register of Beneficial Ownership of Companies”, The Parchment, the magazine of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, Winter 2019
- “Key Employee Engagement Programme”, The Parchment, the magazine of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, Spring 2018
- “Beneficial Ownership Regulations: What do you need to know?”, The Parchment, the magazine of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association, Summer 2017
- Government announces further extension of interim period for temporary measures under the companies act - Ireland >
- Pension Reform: Ireland Moves Closer To Pensions Auto-Enrolment Scheme >
- Diploma in Corporate Law and Governance, 2017
- Qualified Financial Adviser (QFA) in Pensions, 2013
- Accredited Product Advisor (APA) Pensions Certificate, 2012
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2012
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Politics and Law (First Class Honour), 2007
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of Ireland, admitted as a Solicitor in 2012
- Committee member and the secretary of the Commercial Law Committee of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association (DSBA)
- Member of the Council of the Association of Pension Lawyers in Ireland
“Thank you for all you hard work, support and good humour getting us to this stage. It’s not always possible to stay the course without good people in your corner. It has been a pleasure working with you.”
CEO and Co-Founder, food & drink retail group