Phil is a Legal Director in our Commercial Group advising on outsourcing and non-contentious technology and intellectual property matters, with a focus on large-scale outsourcing transactions for FTSE 350E companies.
He has more than ten years’ experience advising a wide range of private and public sector clients in respect of both IT and business process outsourcing agreements.
Phil's clients include The Co-operative Group, a large airline group, a British multinational banking and financial services company and various public authorities. He has also spent time on secondment to the in-house legal teams at The Co-operative Group, Energis Communications Ltd (a cable and wireless company) and AstraZeneca.
His recent experience includes advising:
- A FTSE 50 company on its global business transformation programme. Our work on this programme involved advising in relation to multiple first generation outsourcing projects including:
- Global IT infrastructure services (services provided to more than 50 jurisdictions)
- Global finance and accounting services (12 jurisdictions initially, with potential to roll out to more than 25 jurisdictions)
- Global payroll services (services provided to more than 50 jurisdictions)
- Global HR shared services (services provided to more than 50 jurisdictions)
- A FTSE 100 group in relation to the outsourcing of global finance and accounting services for all of its members
- A major insurance company in respect of the outsourcing of its European IT infrastructure services. This was an international information solution combining the provision of a private dedicated data centre infrastructure and the provision of staff to maintain in-house infrastructure
- A FTSE 100 group in relation to the global framework agreement for the provision of IT services with a tier 1 IT supplier
- A FTSE 100 group in relation to the implementation of a cloud-based e-mail, calendar and enterprise social networking solution
- British Airways in respect of the outsourcing of its global payroll services, including the design and implementation of an integrated payroll IT system