François-Xavier Mirza has been a member of the Paris Bar since 2014. His practice includes representing French and international companies in civil, commercial or arbitral proceedings (ICC, CCJA-OHADA, CAIP). He also assists clients in connection with compliance-related issues.
François-Xavier has spent a number of years abroad, including in Monaco, the USA, and Italy. He has a first-hand understanding of the corporate world, having gained in-house experience in international companies in New York City at GLG, the world’s largest membership network for one-on-one professional learning, and in Paris at Louis Vuitton Malletier, one of the world’s leading luxury brands.
On September 23 2021, François-Xavier participated with his colleagues from the Fall Alliance in the Paris Arbitration Week (PAW) in the frame of a conference on the following topic "Francophone Africa & International arbitration".
- Defense of individuals accused of laundering the proceeds of tax evasion and customs violations, and illegal practice of the banking profession, from whom the French Customs authorities were claiming 37 million euros of penalties
- Representing a State in ICC arbitration proceedings in connection with alleged contractual violations
- Representing a State in CCJA-OHADA arbitration proceedings in connection with the enforcement of a shareholders’ agreement
- Representing an international restaurant chain following the termination of a franchisee, including obtaining penalties for non-compliance with debranding guidelines by former franchisee
- Providing pro bono assistance to French and international non-profit organizations in relation to international human rights law and general commercial and corporate advice
- Assisting a public organization in the enforcement, in Germany, of a decision rendered by a French criminal court on civil claims
- Institut d’Études Politiques de Paris (Sciences Po) and Paris I-Sorbonne University, dual J.D., with Distinction, 2011
- Johns Hopkins University (SAIS), M.A., Washington DC, with Distinction, 2008
- Libera Università degli Studi Sociali (LUISS), Rome, B.A., 2006
- French (native)
- Italian (native)
- English (fluent)
- Spanish (good command)
- “French Competition Authority Ends 2017 With a Bang” (EU & Competition Law Update - January 2018)
- “No dough for pizza franchisor” (EU & Competition Law Update - December 2017)
- “No more sweeping anti-competitive practices under the carpet” (EU & Competition Law Update - November 2017)
- “French Courts chastise accountants and uphold dual penalty regime for corporations and non-corporations” (EU & Competition Law Update, April 2017)
- "No Hard Feeling!": The On-going Battle Between Large French Retailers to Maintain Their Market Share Takes a Judicial Turn Once Again (Le Monde du Droit, March 2017)
- “International Investment Arbitration in Europe: Year in Review 2016” (February 2017)
- "Loi Macron: l'Autorité de la Concurrence prononce une sanction record en application de la procédure de transaction", Economie Matin, December 2016
- "Crossing the river - the law on legal professional privilege", The Law Society Gazette, 12 August 2016
- "Notions de secret professionnel dans un monde des affaires mondialisé", Le Monde du Droit, January 2016
- "Let them go nicely: French Supreme Courts upholds conditions of termination and compensation for an abrupt break-off of an established business relationship", International Bar Association Legal Practice Division, April 2015
- François-Xavier has been ranked by Best Lawyers (editions 2022, 2023, 2024) in the following category: "The Best Lawyers in France: Ones To Watch" for litigation.