David advises on a wide variety of litigation matters including professional negligence, commercial disputes, construction related disputes and product liability throughout the jurisdictions of the District, Circuit and High Court.
David advises banks and financial institutions in respect of all aspects of High Court proceedings against defaulting borrowers. This includes preparing and issuing proceedings, advising on the appropriate enforcement mechanisms once judgment is obtained, and where appropriate, advising on the provisions of the Consumer Credit legislation and the Central Bank’s Code of Conduct on mortgage arrears as well as other pre-enforcement matters.
David is also part of the firm’s Immigration & International Mobility Group. With a broad client base incorporating US and EMEA law firms, multi-jurisdictional corporate clients as well as individuals. David advises on a wide range of issues including employment permits, naturalisation, residency and citizenship, permission to remain, post nuptial citizenship and visa applications.
Recent Experience includes advising:
- A key team member in the defence of a billion Euro professional negligence action brought by the Administrators of Quinn Insurance Limited – the largest claim of its type to ever come before the Irish Courts. It is anticipated to involve the largest ever e-discovery exercises in Irish litigation.
- Acting on behalf of one of Ireland’s best known financial institutions in extremely sensitive High Court summary judgment proceedings against a number of borrowers in default, one of which is a sitting TD (Irish MP) and Minister in the current government.
- A world leading telecommunications company (and its property management subsidiary) in relation to a number of sets of High Court proceedings in relation to telecommunications sites and other properties around Ireland.
- A US multinational software engineering manufacturer and one of Ireland’s largest employers in relation to their employees’ Irish immigration needs to include employment permits, entry visas, Irish residence permits, family reunification applications and citizenship applications.
- A global financial institution in providing Irish immigration advice and preparing employment permit and Irish entry visa applications on behalf of a large number of non-EEA national employees who have been hired/temporarily assigned to support the company’s funds and financial services functions operating from both Dublin and Limerick. The AG Ireland Immigration Team have also assisted the client with a ‘mock audit’ of a large sample of their employee files in preparation for a Workplace Relations Commission inspection.
- Admitted as a solicitor in 2012
- Bachelor of Business and Legal Studies, University College Dublin, 2006
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Dublin Solicitors Bar Association
- International member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association