Toby specialises in regulated lending and banking. He heads up the financial promotion sign off team and has previously spent nine months on secondment in a major bank's consumer cards legal department.
- providing advice to clients on all aspects of consumer credit legislation including the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (and associated regulations), the FCA Handbook and the drafting of consumer facing documentation including regulated agreements, pre-contractual information and post contractual notices;
- carrying out due diligence and supporting a large number of clients on their prepositioning for the Bank of England funding for lending scheme in relation to various asset classes including consumer and residential mortgage loans;
- supporting corporate transactions, with a particular focus on mortgage and consumer loan portfolio purchases. He provides ongoing advice to a major bank in respect of managing its regular loan portfolio bidding and sale process, including the drafting and negotiating of sale agreements with bidders;
- providing advice to clients on FCA authorisation and permission, including drafting and negotiating appointed representative agreements in respect of firms' regulated activities; and
- drafting and negotiating broker agreements on behalf of both asset finance and mortgage providers.
- Oxford University – 2008 - Theology