John specialises in corporate and commercial law. He has extensive experience advising clients across a range of sectors including telecoms, renewables, technology, and energy.
John advises on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganisations, private equity fundraising and investments, joint ventures, and inward investment projects. He also advises on commercial agreements and on corporate governance and compliance issues.
Relevant experience includes advising:
- a private equity firm on its investment in a technology business
- a recent entrant to the care services sector in connection with an equity investment in the business
- a professional services firm on its acquisition (shares) of a specialist advisory firm
- on the sale (assets) of an accountancy practice to an acquisitive accountancy group
- a semi-state body in the sports regulatory sector in connection with a national contract for the supply of a security system and a related contract for the provision of maintenance services
- University College Cork – BCL (Hons) (2009)