Michaël is a partner in the EU/Competition department in Paris. He represents clients in antitrust litigations, merger control, State Aid, counselling, and establishing effective antitrust compliance programs. He is also specialised in distribution law and restrictive trade practices.
Michaël has considerable experience in competition matters involving the energy, transport and consumer products sectors and has represented clients in other industries including retail, banking, industrial equipment and private equity. Michaël lectures competition law at the University of Paris II (Panthéon-Assas).
He is a member of the board of the French competition Law Society.
- Acted for Renaissance Luxury Group in relation to the merger filing of their acquisition of the Agatha retail network.
- Acted for Total Energies in relation to the merger filing of their acquisition of Esso's oil retail distribution businesses.
- Assisted one of the defendants in the "Home Products/Personal Care Products" cartel case before the French Competition Authority.
- Represented Colgate-Palmolive in relation to the merger filing of their acquisition of Laboratoires Filorga.
- Represented a manufacturer of consumer goods in relation to several follow-on competition damage claims.
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Paris Bar Association.
- Member of the board of the French Competition Law Society (Association Francaise d'Etude de la Concurrence).
Michael is a "business-oriented" lawyer who is responsive and 'very easy to work with.
CHAMBERS EUROPE, COMPETITION/EUROPEAN LAW, 2018