Mark is a managing associate in the Competition team based in the regions. Mark advises on a wide range of competition law issues across a variety of sectors. Mark has particular experience of multi-jurisdictional merger control matters having represented clients in cross-border M&A in front of the European Commission, the Competition and Markets Authority and competition regulators globally. Mark also represents clients in competition law investigations, market studies and investigations as well as advising clients on routes to market issues, strategic collaborations and co-operation, competition law disputes and appeals and competition law compliance. Mark has significant experience of advising clients in regulated sectors including the water, rail and energy sectors. Mark's recent experience includes:
- representing clients in phase 1 and phase 2 merger control proceedings (including remedies processes) before the Competition and Markets Authority and the European Commission;
- responding to dawn raids by the Competition and Markets Authority and the European Commission and representing clients in the subsequent investigations;
- advising a number of clients in regulated industries in respect of abuse of dominance concerns arising from (regulated and non-regulated) pricing, organisational structure and commercial arrangements;
- advising clients in a number of industries in respect of strategic collaborations and commercial arrangements with competitors;
- designing and implementing compliance programmes for a variety of clients including training, mock dawn raids, e-learning and audits.
Mark is a contributor to Competition Law Insight and regularly delivers talks and training on competition law topics. Prior to joining the firm, Mark worked for international law firms in London and Brussels and was involved in a number of cases in the EU courts.
Law Society of England and Wales
Law Society of Ireland
► King's College London – Master of Arts in EU Competition Law
► College of Law – LLB / GDL / LPC