Caitlin is an Associate in our Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, based in the Glasgow office. Her practice includes all aspects of commercial dispute resolution and litigation, including complex disputes with multijurisdictional aspects.
Caitlin advises on a wide range of commercial disputes, including company law and shareholder disputes, contractual disputes, financial services & fund litigation, debt-recovery, insolvency matters and contentious trust issues. She deals with disputes before courts and tribunals of all levels in Scotland. Caitlin also has experience instructing Counsel in the Court of Session and in conducting and appearing in mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution on behalf of her clients.
Caitlin has spent time working in the offshore industry at a leading offshore firm, where she dealt with a diverse range of high-value commercial disputes and insolvency and trust-related matters. She has also acted as a tutor on the International and European Media Law (LLM) Distance Learning Course at the University of Edinburgh and a volunteer at the University of Strathclyde Law Clinic on a pro-bono basis, providing free legal advice on a range of issues to members of the public who are unable to obtain legal advice by any other means.
Caitlin's experience includes:
- Advising a regulated financial services company and high-net-worth individual in relation to substantial claims for misuse of confidential information and counterclaims for recognition of shareholding interests and unpaid dividends
- Advising directors and former directors of a listed entity in connection with claims for fraudulent misrepresentation brought by former shareholder
- Advising the trustee in bankruptcy of Gregory King, the former director of the Heather Capital hedge fund in relation to the identification and recovery of assets across multiple jurisdictions following an alleged multi-million-pound fraud
- Advising UAE-based lender in connection with its enforcement of security interests against debtor and obligor companies
- Assisting pursuer companies in a number of complex actions for payment in Court of Session, concerning claims of a combined value of around £8 million
- University of Strathclyde – Professional Diploma in Legal Practice (2017)
- University of Edinburgh – Bachelor of Laws (LLB), First Class Honours (2016)
- Professional Memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- ThoughtLeaders4 FIRE (Fraud Insolvency Recovery Enforcement) Community
- Contentious Trusts Association