David is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in the firm’s Edinburgh office.
David advises on transactional corporate matters, business process and IT outsourcing arrangements and software/technology and IP exploitation. He has a particular focus on private equity, venture capital work and in working with entrepreneurs seeking to exploit new technologies. David leads the digital sector group in Scotland and is a notary public internationally registered with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
In the past David has worked in-house in Dubai seconded to Topaz Energy and Marine, on the reorganisation of its international oilfield service and engineering business. David is recognised as a leading individual in The Legal 500 under the IT & Telecoms category and noted as particularly active in the digital and fintech sectors in relation to corporate transactions.
Some of David's recent activity includes:
- Advising FNZ UK Limited on its 'Fintech' material outsourcing services contracts with various blue-chip financial services clients including HSBC, Santander and Old Mutual Wealth (Quilter).
- Advising in relation to the sale by MBO of ICS Learn an e-learning technology business based in Glasgow to a management team backed by Primary Capital.
- Advising a leading national building society on its strategic venture capital investments into a number of fintech businesses.
- Advising Par Equity on its technology investments into (amongst others) Snap40, Censo Biotechnologies, Earth Rover and Particle Analytics.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen
- Diploma in International Finance and Trade Laws, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours
- LLB Law, University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 2006