David is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in the firm’s Edinburgh office. David is recognised in the Scottish legal market as a go-to corporate lawyer in the digital / technology sectors.
David is immersed in the technology (particularly fintech) world both locally in Scotland and across the UK. His practice advises established digital businesses such as FNZ, up and coming or fast growing technology businesses, investors into digital and fintech businesses and blue chip financial services organisations investing into digital businesses or the procurement of their technology.
In the past David has worked in-house in Dubai seconded to Topaz Energy and Marine, on the reorganisation of its international oilfield service and engineering business. David is recognised as a leading individual in The Legal 500 under the IT & Telecoms category and noted as particularly active in the digital and fintech sectors in relation to corporate transactions.
- Active member of the growing technology scene advising rapidly growing and award winning companies such as Airts, Desana, Obashi Technologies, Tumelo, XDesign and OBR – Open Banking Reporting amongst many others on equity investments into them.
- Advising leading retail banking institution (one of the top three mortgage and savings providers in the UK) on its strategic equity investments into a number of technology/fintech businesses
- Advising Par Equity on its technology investments into (amongst others) Current Health, Novosound, Censo Biotechnologies, Mallzee, Kibosh and Swipii and GSI.
- Programme lead for the firm's Fintech accelerator programme in 2019 – AG Elevate https://www.addleshawgoddard.com/en/ag-elevate/
Legal 500, IT and Telecoms
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen
- Diploma in International Finance and Trade Laws, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours
- LLB Law, University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 2006