David is a corporate and commercial lawyer based in the firm’s Edinburgh office and spends a number of days a week in the Aberdeen Office.
David advises on transactional corporate matters, joint ventures, business process and IT outsourcing arrangements, software licensing and technology and IP exploitation. He has a particular focus on private equity, venture capital work and in working with entrepreneurs seeking to exploit new technologies. David leads the technology sector group in Scotland and is a notary public internationally registered with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
In the past David has worked in-house with Topaz Energy and Marine in Dubai, on the reorganisation of its international oilfield service and engineering business.
- Advising in relation to the follow on investment led by Smedvig Capital and Panoramic Growth Equity in Captify Media Limited (market leading search retargeting technology provider).
- Advising FNZ UK Limited on its 'Fintech' material outsourcing services contracts with various blue-chip financial services clients including Standard Life, HSBC, Mercer, Aviva and Santander.
- Advising in relation to the disposal of an equity interest in oil and gas services company Rigquip Limited and the subsequent establishment of oil and gas services company MRDS.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Aberdeen
- Diploma in International Finance and Trade Laws, Universite Francois Rabelais de Tours
- LLB Law, University of Aberdeen
- Year qualified - 2006