Our dedicated team specialises in the resolution of reinsurance disputes and also advises on non-contentious issues.
Addleshaw Goddard brings and defends reinsurance claims on behalf of London and worldwide reinsurers, with our broad client base including the leading players in these markets.
- Proactive and pragmatic commercial advice that assists clients in the prevention, management or resolution of reinsurance disputes
- Professional indemnity; financial institution risks; errors and omissions (E&O); directors and officers (D&O); general liability; marine; product liability; property/casualty claims; energy; and construction
- Complex reinsurance arbitration, litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Experience working on high-value cross-border disputes
- Advising on the regulatory framework governing reinsurers
Our work has involved:
- Advice on the impact of the Insurance Act 2015, specifically in relation to distribution agreements
- Representing an Indonesian retrocessionaire in arbitration proceedings relating to the recovery of treaty claims
- Representing various reinsurers in the recovery of historical asbestos liabilities
- Representing clients in disputes involving the construction and interpretation of treaty and XL-004 form wordings. Dr Caroline Bell has published a thesis on this issue.
- Representing several major reinsurers in a coverage dispute with their reinsureds arising from settlement payments linked to an alleged large-scale international fraud
- Acting for a Lloyd's syndicate in run-off disputes with reinsurers on coverage issues, notification and distribution of losses
For more information, please don't hesitate to get in touch.
Key contactsMeet the team
Partner, Head of Insurance Disputes London, UKView profile