Robert is a partner in the Commercial Team and works on a broad range of commercial and regulatory matters. His clients include a range of regulated entities including banks, building societies, insurers, brokers and other intermediaries. He has a particular focus on advising on outsourcing arrangements and the distribution of insurance and other financial services products, including associated regulatory issues.
His recent experience includes:
- advising Saga on the creation of its wealth management joint venture with Tilney Bestinvest
- advising a FTSE 100 company on the separation of its IT network and associated transitional services arrangements, in the context of a government divestment
- advising on the commercial and insurance aspects of the sale of Simplyhealth's private medical insurance business to Axa
- advising a FTSE 100 bank on the transfer of its motor insurance book to another intermediary
- advising a high street bank on its exit from a credit card servicing arrangement, including the ongoing arrangements in relation the management of PPI mis-selling claims