ALL FUNDS. NO GAMES
We don’t play games when it comes to other people’s money.
Our fully-integrated global service covers all bases and delivers for sponsors and investors – eliminating blind spots and minimising risk. From sponsors to investors, formation to fund finance, or regulatory and tax advice to sponsor governance and doing the deals, we combine imaginative approaches with unique insights.
For clear, practical advice that delivers real impact across the entire life of a fund. A win-win, in every way.
Some of the challenges we've helped countless sponsors, managers, finance providers and other stakeholders in the private funds market tackle include:
- Establishing funds, across multiple funds domiciles;
- Advising on investment in funds, including negotiating for fund investors;
- Navigating regulatory requirements: as part of funds set-up, investments or throughout the whole fund lifecycle;
- Addressing tax implications associated with making investments in the UK and internationally; and
- Implementing carried interest incentive schemes.
We have advised on capital deployments by LPs in excess of USD 100 billion.
Straightforward counsel for any private fund, any stage, anywhere.
Making the green revolution happen... sustainably
We helped our client New Forests, a global investment manager of nature-based assets, deliver on a pledge made by World Leaders at COP 26 to halt deforestation.
Download the case study >
- Advised a leading independent GP on the formation of a pan-European renewable energy infrastructure fund.
- Advised a global asset manager on the establishment of numerous fund structures, and on the deployment of capital commitments exceeding US$6 billion across a range of investment funds including private equity, real estate, debt, infrastructure and other alternative asset classes.
- Advised Enterprise Ireland on many occasions in its role as a cornerstone LP in various Irish venture capital funds.
- Advised Shuaa Capital on the formation of its flagship Shuaa Funds OEIC ICC Limited, set up as an umbrella fund in the Abu Dhabi Global Markets, including the establishment of its sub-funds.
- Advised Bridges Fund Management Limited on the structuring and establishment of a co-investment vehicle established to facilitate the acquisition of Evora Global, a specialist ESG real estate consultancy.
- Advised New Forests on the structuring and launch of the US$500 million African Forestry Impact Platform – a sustainable commercial forestry fund structured as a Singapore Variable Capital Company (VCC).
– Best Law Firm – Fund Structuring (Private Equity Wire European Awards 2022)
– Finalists – Funds Team of the Year (The Lawyer Awards 2022)
– Finalists – Fund Formation, Funds Finance and Legal Compliance & Regulatory categories (The Drawdown Awards 2022)
"It is the first time we have worked with AG on a fund formation, and we have been delighted with the experience." – Founding Partner, Fund Manager
"…the team at Addleshaw Goddard were instrumental in delivering this unique fund proposition – we greatly valued their insights and responsiveness." – Senior Investment Manager, Real Estate Fund
Key contactsMeet the team
Partner, Funds Establishment and Structuring
Partner, Financial Regulation
Partner, Tax & Structuring
Richard Ledain Santiago
Partner, Head of Luxembourg LuxembourgView profile