Angus is a finance lawyer specialising in funds finance and financial institutions lending. He has over 16 years' experience working on international financings in these areas as well as syndicated, investment grade, leveraged and corporate lending and financial restructurings.
He acts for a range of the most active banks, insurers and other finance providers in the funds finance market, as well as a number of asset managers. He regularly advises on capital call, hybrid and NAV financings to private equity, credit, infrastructure / renewables, real estate and secondary funds, and fund of funds, as well as on GP support or co-investment facilities. In financial institutions lending, he acts on facilities to insurers, Lloyd's of London syndicates and wealth and other asset managers.
Angus's recent experience includes acting for:
- bank club on €300 million capital call facilities to a European private equity fund
- bank club on €175 million facilities to a European clean energy fund
- alternative investment manager on a number of NAV financings
- arranging banks on €350 million corporate leveraged financing of an industrial business
- arranging banks on facilities of over US$450 million to a reinsurer